By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 25 November 2017

JSG87 said:
DroidKnight said:

The charts are not to those dates yet.

The last chart date is up to the 24th December so it's actually past the last date?

Nope.... 25th November.

Around the Network

Switch Totals on front page wrong then or been adjusted down?

Congrats to Sony who on this historic week became the champions of the 8th gen. Excellent turnaround from the previous one.

This week's particular sales are monstrous. Despite xbox x just releasing and a $189 slim ps4 still beat it by 500k WW. It almost doubled the switch aswell. Nobody is on Sonys level right now and you can see why no developer should ever ignore the ps4. Its install Base is just too big.

Nogamez said:
Switch Totals on front page wrong then or been adjusted down?

Wrong how?

By december 8-10th (can't recall exact date) nintendo announced 10M sales. Now ever if that number was reached around december 3rd and not a day or two before nintendo announced it which would put it a week further along, we can't use that ino and say VGC numbers are wrong for the NS. If anything they seem  very close or if anything to be overtracking tit slightly.

VGC has the NS at 9.2M. Which means that between between nov 25th and dec 3rd-dec9th at least 800k consoles were sold if we are working within nintendos' 10M announcement timeline. which will mean that it sold as well the week after xmas as it did on xmas week..... which is highly unlikely. 

Everyone did very well, and that's great to see.

But those PS4 numbers are something else!

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Around the Network

Insane number for Playstation 4, it's a freaking beast!!!

PS4 still has XBO beat in NA on black friday, I did not expect that :O

I'm too lazy to go back and check, but are those the biggest numbers put up by the PS4 so far?

Xen said:

Well.... it did win the whole month of November so its not too surprising. Especially when you consider that the XB1 best week of November would have been last week with the launch of the XB1X.

Intrinsic said:
Xen said:

Well.... it did win the whole month of November so its not too surprising. Especially when you consider that the XB1 best week of November would have been last week with the launch of the XB1X.

Yes it did. And by a good margin. VGChartz gonna be VGChartz as usual, NPD has PS4 as the winner of the month.