By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 25 November 2017

Carl2291 said:
I'm too lazy to go back and check, but are those the biggest numbers put up by the PS4 so far?

You mean ever in a single calendar week? 

If  so, because the launch wasn't staggered across different regions then probably yes. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Errorist76 said:

VG Chartz is consistently overtracking X1 overall sales. How could they be close to 2:1 sales when PS4 outsold it 2:1 for three years in a row and has been consistently outselling it by 3:1 this whole year?!

Xbox One X released this month and the S model was $189.

It still doesn’t add up. Sony still came out ahead on top by 200.000k in the US, much bigger gap worldwide, so if Sony sold 20 million worldwide and Microsoft more like 7-8 in the last 12 months, the overall gap should be bigger.

I wonder if Microsoft are happy with the Xbox numbers. I know they played down the Xbox X launch but behind that I'm sure they had some expectations that they didn't want to announce. Looks pretty respectable and definitely keeps them relevant in US and Europe. I honestly can't seem them competing with PS4 numbers unless they pretty much match it on price despite the superior spec which I don't think they will be willing to do. It's good that Playstation has a competitor in the shadows which will help keep Playstation pricing more competitive.

AntonTeiosanu said:

The Nintendo Switch might be an amazing system with some of the best 1st party games out there and a rich 3rd party support, the Xbox brand might have been revived with the amazing Xbox One X, but in the end the PS4 is just on another level. I think the system will sell at least 21 million units this year, aproaching 140 MILLION UNITS at the end of its lifetime. Do you guys believe that the SWITCH or the Xbox will eventually catch up the PS4? Leave your replies because I realy want to hear other people think about this generation.

There is one person on this site that thinks the XBO will catch up to the PS4, but she's probably trolling. As for the Switch, there are some who think it will sell better in the end, but I think most of our members believe otherwise. Count me down as a no on both counts. PS4 wins the gen.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Hiku said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I don't think people were trying to make it seem like Nintendo did bad well not the majority anyway. They just were saying that the Switch did not do as good as most were making it out to be doing. Quite a few people thought that the Switch had Nov in the bag and some even thought it had BF in the bag. Even though in my eyes it got great sales for it's first holiday! So it sold fine to me.

OT:

Great sales! The PS4 had an AMAZING Nov! XB1 with a big jump and is up YOY! Switch coming out the gates strong on it's first holiday and even the 3DS had a great week! An overall great week!

Is XBO up YoY for the entire year so far? Or just this particular week?

I was just meaning this week. I am not sure if it is up for the entire year or not though.....sorry man.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Ucouldntbemorewrong said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
seems ps4 was adjusted a little up😉

Actually seems lower than what others were saying such as Sony 70m

official number was 70.8m, but with december, 3th if i'm correct, so it seems another strong week will follow

Nintendo sold 1.6 million switches in one week. Pretty cool.

Ka-pi96 said:
Gamer147 said:

huh?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Gamer147 said:

Did you add N. America, Europe, Japan, and global together?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Gamer147 said:

Did you add N. America, Europe, Japan, and global together?

Ooo. I think you've cracked the case wide open.