By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 25 November 2017

The_Liquid_Laser said:
PS4 total juuuuust shy of reaching 3DS total.

You should check that again, it's not juuuuuust shy, it did it.

OT : Goddamit, I was told gaming was dying!! (Now Nintendo plz lower the price a bit so I can buy your console guilt-free!)

Around the Network
Hiku said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I don't think people were trying to make it seem like Nintendo did bad well not the majority anyway. They just were saying that the Switch did not do as good as most were making it out to be doing. Quite a few people thought that the Switch had Nov in the bag and some even thought it had BF in the bag. Even though in my eyes it got great sales for it's first holiday! So it sold fine to me.

OT:

Great sales! The PS4 had an AMAZING Nov! XB1 with a big jump and is up YOY! Switch coming out the gates strong on it's first holiday and even the 3DS had a great week! An overall great week!

Is XBO up YoY for the entire year so far? Or just this particular week?

Its up by around 400k.

Really great numbers for everyone, even the 3DS did decently.

kazuyamishima said:
But Switch is still sold out everywhere, right?

Everywhere in Japan, yes.

OT: For its first year, the Switch did a terrific job on BF week. #1 hybrid console on the market.

PS4 is unstoppable

Around the Network

Interesting. I guess One X had a noticeable effect on sales after all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
vivster said:
Interesting. I guess One X had a noticeable effect on sales after all.

The temp price cut on the S likely had a bigger effect for this week.

Didn't know about that. Any info on the ratio? X1X seems like something people would want on Black Friday.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If adjustment wont take the total down too much, it will have been a BF week bigger than in 2012, so the biggest in the last six years, thanks to PS4, XBOne and NS, and also 3DS that didn't drop too much.
When in the next years PS4, XBOne nd NS too will have a cheap entry level model, we could see the biggest BF ever for gaming, beating BF 2008, or at least one of the biggest four, beating at least one of the years betweem 2009 and 2011. Not bad, considering that in those years even the weakest competitor wasn't weak at all.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The Nintendo Switch might be an amazing system with some of the best 1st party games out there and a rich 3rd party support, the Xbox brand might have been revived with the amazing Xbox One X, but in the end the PS4 is just on another level. I think the system will sell at least 21 million units this year, aproaching 140 MILLION UNITS at the end of its lifetime. Do you guys believe that the SWITCH or the Xbox will eventually catch up the PS4? Leave your replies because I realy want to hear other people think about this generation.

Last edited by AntonTeiosanu - on 29 December 2017

NintendoPie said:
kazuyamishima said:
But Switch is still sold out everywhere, right?

Everywhere in Japan, yes. 

This is blatantly untrue, virtually all Aeon Digital, Bic Camera, Yodobashi Camera, Don Quixote, Yamada Denki, Ito Yokado, and Nojima has them in stock, in store, and most have them in stock online, with the addition of 7-11 online store, Amazon, Yahoo marketplace and many others.

I just literally walked into a random store earlier today and picked up a Mario Odyssey bundle as a late Xmas present for a relatives kid, and they had plenty of various color configuration and bundle. 

Last edited by NATO - on 29 December 2017