By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima hopes to sell over 20M Nintendo Switch units next FY.

Price cut and huge first party games.

Around the Network

all they need is a total-reboot pokemon title

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

spurgeonryan said:
Just 1,67 million a month on average. They will have to have some big games ( starting in January) to get it to push those numbers.

Nah, all they have to do is nothing until December and then drop Pokemon for an easy 20 mil.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
all they need is a total-reboot pokemon title

They did that with gen 5 and its the lowest selling main entry

So they aren't planning to make 30M consoles or sell 25M while producing 30M? Who could tell?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This either means that Smash, Pokemon, or Animal Crossing is coming in 2018 to help fuel those sales.

don't see it myself, especially given how weak the first six-nine months of the year look to be in terms of software

perhaps if they have a couple of big hitters in the holiday period they can hit 15-16m, but i think 20m is too optimistic

celador said:
don't see it myself, especially given how weak the first six-nine months of the year look to be in terms of software

perhaps if they have a couple of big hitters in the holiday period they can hit 15-16m, but i think 20m is too optimistic

Ummm we don't know even half of the lineup for Jan to Sept yet. We have to wait until at least the Jan direct before judging if it's weak or not. 2017 release schedule wasn't even fully known in till summer. 

Pretty impressive, given Nintendo's general lowballing since the Switch has released. Either China, faith in evergreen titles or some massive 1st party stuff incoming. Or any combination of the 3.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

So in April 2019 the Nintendo Switch could be around 34m units sold? if that happends.

Might be abit optimistic... but it could happend.

It would need a price cut, and a big title or two to boost sales though.