By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima hopes to sell over 20M Nintendo Switch units next FY.

But some users said 1st Switch year will be Switch peak year!? :D

On more serious note, it will be intresting to see what is "software that enables new ways of playing".

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

On more serious note, it will be intresting to see what is "software that enables new ways of playing".

I am guessing casual play features on Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.

When I say “casual” I am referring to short burst play sessions that will keep players looking forward to the next play session, and stuff that will keep players engaged for potentially years; like Brain Age where you essentially login for minutes a day to do your training/test, except more gamelike. I am aware people in gaming forums use the word “casual” to mean for retarded people, but I am speaking of a specific model which involves short 1-10 minute play sessions to be played one or multiple times a day across months or even years. Think something like FE Heroes or Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (although play sessions in that game are longer than usual, usually games try to get you in and out with a satisfying experience (not like a major story plot satisfying, more like “yippee! I got a some income and won a battle!” in under 3 minutes to avoid burnout.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 December 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Miyamotoo said:

I am guessing casual play features on Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.

When I say “casual” I am referring to short burst play sessions that will keep players looking forward to the next play session, and stuff that will keep players engaged for potentially years; like Brain Age where you essentially login for minutes a day to do your training/test, except more gamelike. I am aware people in gaming forums use the word “casual” to mean for retarded people, but I am speaking of a specific model which involves short 1-10 minute play sessions to be played one or multiple times a day across months or even years. Think something like FE Heroes or Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (although play sessions in that game are longer than usual, usually games try to get you in and out with a satisfying experience (not like a major story plot satisfying, more like “yippee! I got a some income and won a battle!” in under 3 minutes to avoid burnout.

Yeah, I also think that they plan to expand Switch popularity at casual market in 2018.

tbone51 said:
Links here sorry....

http://s.kyoto-np.jp/top/article/20171227000164

There is an edit button, you know.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Imho this confirms either Pokémon, Animal Crossing or a pricecut for 2018

Around the Network

Or a cheaper hardware revision.

Plan to sell even 20m not to mention over 20m, means strong lineup of games (both 1st party and 3rd party).

Incoming price cut awell, i guess.

The Pokémon guy at E3 said 'it may take more than a year', so I'm expecting a new game in late 2018. With a new mainline Pokémon game, 20 million should definitely be possible.

Nem said:
Incoming price cut awell, i guess.

Don't necessary means, but we can at least expecting bundles for $300.