By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima hopes to sell over 20M Nintendo Switch units next FY.

drake-gx said:
Kerotan said:
Right so new animal crossing and something like smash bros must be coming. Not sure about pokemon

Yep, Animal Crossing early summer and Smash or Pokémon just before Black Friday and money

They could save pokemon for fy 2019. Just an alternative 

Around the Network

With Nintendo's enitre 1st party software development brunt behind it, Switch should sell amazingly. I am very excited to see want Nintendo can do when they are not splitting resources. It worked wonders for Sony on the PS4.

I hope they have incredible success, and that it leads to an expansion into new spaces with their hardware. I'm not giving up the dream for a Switch Phone.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This means that Kimishima must know some “big” games planned for 2018 outside of ones that been officially announced.

Expecting Animal Crossing, 2D Mario, Smash and Pokemon in 2018 then.

We already knew this. He said it a couple of months ago. Let’s see them do everything they can to make it happen. Means good things for gamers. 2018 might just beat 2017.

They must be counting on some big numbers in China. I can't see how they would sell 20M in RoW, unless a great Pokemon is coming, in addition to a 2D Mario.

Around the Network

With the software they can do it for sure, would like to see a nice holiday bundle with a game included

What's that old saying about under-predicting and over-delivering?...

They should try to have a similar release as 2017 with about one major release per month (mostly first-party) and about 2-3 evergreen titles for the year. With that being said though, for a system priced at $300 and facing stiff competition from more powerful and cheaper counterparts (the PS4 in particular appearing to have a very strong lineup), I do not think 20 million will be achievable at the current price (in fact I would not be surprised that with this price range sales decreasing YOY, perhaps substantially). To get close to 20 million they will need a price reduction (at least to $250 maybe even $200) and the aforementioned software release schedule.

Also, I hope by new ways of playing he is not referring to games like 1-2 Switch, Mario Party, Wii Sports and Brain Age. Don't get me wrong, sequels to those games by themselves are fine when spaced out over a couple of years, but an entire year focused on software like that is not going to have the effect it once did in the mid-2000s (I would argue it would even be detrimental to the system, if this is going to be their primary focus for next year).

I object. That would be higher than any PS4 FY, so I reasonably can not believe this.

nemo37 said:
They should try to have a similar release as 2017 with about one major release per month (mostly first-party) and about 2-3 evergreen titles for the year. With that being said though, for a system priced at $300 and facing stiff competition from more powerful and cheaper counterparts (the PS4 in particular appearing to have a very strong lineup), I do not think 20 million will be achievable at the current price (in fact I would not be surprised that with this price range sales decreasing YOY, perhaps substantially). To get close to 20 million they will need a price reduction (at least to $250 maybe even $200) and the aforementioned software release schedule.

Also, I hope by new ways of playing he is not referring to games like 1-2 Switch, Mario Party, Wii Sports and Brain Age. Don't get me wrong, sequels to those games by themselves are fine when spaced out over a couple of years, but an entire year focused on software like that is not going to have the effect it once did in the mid-2000s (I would argue it would even be detrimental to the system, if this is going to be their primary focus for next year).

10M, $300 price tag and 9 months. Why do you think Switch will stop now?

Click HERE and be happy