By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Pokémon Switch Details Possibly Emerge

If they take away the turn base battle system this going to be the most and first time disappointed I've ever been from a main series Pokemon game.

At least you won't get a bunch of people screaming they don't change anything. The core battle system isn't something that needed to be changed, it's something that has been developed upon and enhanced each generation. Don't like turn based, that's what Pokken is for then.

At least I very very very much doubt this rumour is true.

Last edited by Green098 - on 27 December 2017

Around the Network
Green098 said:

If they take away the turn base battle system this going to be the most and first time disappointed I've ever been from a main series Pokemon game.

At least you won't get a bunch of people screaming they don't change anything. The core battle system isn't something that needed to be changed, it's something that has been developed upon and enhanced each generation. Don't like turn based, that's what Pokken is for then.

At least I very very very much doubt this rumour is true.

Yeah. While Pokémon gets criticized for being the same game each generation, some forget how much the battle system from Generation I developed so much over time. Back in Red/Blue, certain types were broken (i.e., Dragons and Psychics) and the stats were clustered (i.e., Special Attack and Defense was just categorized as Special in Gen I) compared to nowadays. Now, you have weather effects, nature and mood, physical and special attacks, Pokémon with one or two types, new types like Dark, Steel, and Fairy, more unique moves, modifications of older moves, etc. Not to mention double, triple, and rotational battles, breeding, and utilizing the RNG to your advantage to create the Pokémon with the right nature and growths. The battle system has shown to be complicated enough to encourage hardcore players to dive into creating unique teams while allowing new players to get used to the system while not having to get into too much of the details.

If it's based in Italy and there isn't some brown hair, 30 something, Italian man saying "Mama Mia!" at least once, preferablyas a plummer, it will be a lost opportunity.

All of these people complaining about rumored information....still buys the game on day one haha

The battle system will be fine. My main focus is the exploration and the visuals. I can't wait to see Pokémon in HD. I hope they allow online battling in the wild.

Jumpin said:

Wait... so localization was completed a year before development is complete?

That’s very very odd. That doesn’t happen.

Sorry for those of you who were tricked, but this article is bullshit.

Wait. They revealed the date when they started development? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

False

they're not gonna do Pokemon with motion controls guys. That's ridiculous.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Jumpin said:

Yes it does. It absolutely does. A recent example is Final Fantasy 7R. - The script, voice work, and CGI were completed  a long time ago. Japanese games in general, when they are aiming for a global release of product,  will have this stuff completed first. Development of the actually game does hinder production elsewhere. 

Not saying article is true or anything, but its entirely possible that script and localization are already especially is they're focused on getting it out next year. 

Xxain said:
Jumpin said:

Yes it does. It absolutely does. A recent example is Final Fantasy 7R. - The script, voice work, and CGI were completed  a long time ago. Japanese games in general, when they are aiming for a global release of product,  will have this stuff completed first. Development of the actually game does hinder production elsewhere. 

Not saying article is true or anything, but its entirely possible that script and localization are already especially is they're focused on getting it out next year. 

Where are you reading this?

Also, is Pokemon Switch a remake?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Uwww... if Spain is the setting that would bit a bit of a miss with the current crisis.

It would make sense that it was the setting if the theme was tradition vs modern though.

Why would the Chinese localisation already be done at this point in development?