By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Pokémon Switch Details Possibly Emerge

"Z-Moves return and now use motion control to activate using the Joy-Cons"

So stupid that it must be true.

"...compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs"

So stupid that it must be false.

Around the Network

as a fan of the digimon games, I'm 100% ok with the battle system changing in some way. don't get me wrong, i like the depth of the pokemon battle system now, but it's time to "switch" it up. as it stands, trainers are just carrying over their pokemon from gen to gen, tweaking a little bit if at all. at some point, Game Freak will just be adding meaningless attacks and changing meta-data for the sake of being different. Let's go all the way and make it fresh. a rock-paper-scissors would be great, taking the fire emblem concept to even MORE depths because of pokemon type and specials.

Sorry but I don't believe it. The combat system is one of the things that define Pokémon and they wouldn't destroy the competitive scene just like that.

The combat system changed that drastically with a single new generation is way to much. Every competitive battler would have to completely change tactics and learn a completely new system.

I think this is more of a mini game of the real main game if it turns out true.

I’m doubting this rumor. But wouldn’t mind to see it in 2018....

If this rumour turns out to be true, which I doubt 100%, it will be interesting to see the meltdown all around the globe. I only play Pokémon casually, so personally I don't care much about they changing the battle system.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.