By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Pokémon Switch Details Possibly Emerge

That sounds so extremely bad I almost want it to be true.

Around the Network

All I want to know is how and if they'll finally evolve their visuals.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

has a recent rumor of a supposedly leaked image of a pikachu that would be a 3d model for the game and would be using unreal 4 or unity engine, but it's just a rumor.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
vivster said:

has a recent rumor of a supposedly leaked image of a pikachu that would be a 3d model for the game and would be using unreal 4 or unity engine, but it's just a rumor.

That picture obviously is a fake and Unreal Engine tells us nothing about the possible design. I kinda doubt they'll go for realistic shaders and keep it in manga style.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Shikamo said:

That picture obviously is a fake and Unreal Engine tells us nothing about the possible design. I kinda doubt they'll go for realistic shaders and keep it in manga style.

yeap, i'm with you

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Paatar said:

Motion will be optional. Splatoon 2. ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Zelda all have optional motion controls. But the system is supposed to also be a handheld so why would they add motion to those games?

lol bad argument dude 

I just don't see the point of adding motion controls with the joycons to Pokémon, a game that has always been played on a handheld and will probably be played mostly like so on the Switch. Mario Odyssey brings something to the table so does the puzzles and aiming in Zelda/Splatoon and the whole concept of ARMS. But like a little gimmick everytime you activate a Z-move playing as a home console is putting out efforts for something that no one will use.

Maybe, but if the technology is there, inside the joy-cons, and there may be some customers that like to use it, why not giving them the option?

I personally like when companies give us freedom of choice regarding how we want to play the game.

Ah. So they are removing the final good things from the games, as well as the turn-based battling system, my favourite part of them, and then adding motion controls. Who in the fuck thought that this was a good idea? They've really run these games into the ground from Gen VI onwards.

Wait... so localization was completed a year before development is complete?

That’s very very odd. That doesn’t happen.

Sorry for those of you who were tricked, but this article is bullshit.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

There's absolutely no way they're gonna change the battle system now.I'm 100% sure that this is bs.

Jumpin said:

Wait... so localization was completed a year before development is complete?

That’s very very odd. That doesn’t happen.

Sorry for those of you who were tricked, but this article is bullshit.

Yeah, this. The localization claim is a clear sign this 'rumour' is complete balls. If the game isn't going to be released until late 2018 or early 2019 (and the fact they aren't sure which implies development still has some way to go), then the game's script won't be complete, let alone localized.