By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

KLAMarine said:
DonFerrari said:

So you think that all favorable Nintendo comments were logical and non-favorable were illogical and for some reason all over there agree....

If I recall correctly, the majority of favorable comments were typical "oh, amazing" or were bringing up how many doubted Switch's success.

They weren't making an argument.

I noticed many of your posts were downvoted: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270496/switch-was-the-best-selling-product-online-over-thanksgiving-black-friday-and-cyber-monday/

But I repeat, a downvote is vague and offers no feedback thus we cannot conclude who did it nor the motive.

ryuzaki57 said:

1/ Correct. My sentence is inaccurate. I meant that comparatively to other systems, it didn't rise as fast. It's slowing down in the race with PS4 & X1.

2/ I don't remember SWBII being exclusive to PS4.

1. Did you take into consideration the lack of discounts and bundles on the Switch's end?

2. It's not exclusive but Sony surely must have paid some price to exclusively market EA's recent debacle. Money that could have gone to the Bayonetta IP. Instead, it was Nintendo that rescued Bayonetta from being shelved indefinitely rather than Sony. Sony put their money on CoD, BF2, and Fifa.

Go play those games. They're not Bayonetta but perhaps you'll find them to your liking.

And probably only one of those games (CoD, BF2 or Fifa) are giving more money to Sony than all the 3 Bayonetta's will give to Nintendo.

The games are OK, but yeah, Nintendo paid for the exclusive deal.

Nothing to miss out there.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Errorist76 said:

No need to get angry, just because you notice I’m having a point.

My prices are right. PS4Pro is even less than 350 where I live. It is also officially discounted in the US to 350,- for the holidays.

Ok, So it seems logical thinking is not your biggest feat...

Another try, because you asked:

PS4Pro is 100,- more than the 1TB PS4 Slim, even less sometimes for 2.3 times the power.

X1X is 300,- more than X1 for 4.2 times the power.

What is the better deal?!

It's all about perspective and what someone values to answer that question.

and I must point out that the pro is not 2.3 times as powerful as a PS4. It's gpu is. It's CPU is what? 20% faster? How bout memory and memory speed increases? 20% in this area as well?  Overall the pro is around 75% better than the base PS4. The X isn't 4.2 times better than the xb1s either it's less.

I was talking about raw Teraflops numbers of course for comparison sakes. We all know the X1X CPU is just 10% upclocked from the Pro.

I was simplifying of course. We all know the GPU in the Pro has more advanced features from Vega which the X1X is lacking. A 100% exact comparison will never be possible that way, same as because of the difference in bus speed.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 09 December 2017

While I agree that the PS4 Pro is a great deal and has a superior library, my Xbox One X is a beast compared to my Pro and it is not as close as you think. The price you are paying for the hardware is justified considering what is under the hood. I don’t compare libraries because the Sony library is amazing.

Some people’s (cough) digital foundry interpretation are just plain wrong. They have had nothing but positive things to say about it. Performance issues (for both consoles) are based on developer support and optimization. Xbox One X is hands down more powerful and it shows. No use trying to downplay it.

On topic, it is interesting how November evolved. I went from thinking the XBox One would win with great X sales only to see Amazing results from both Sony and Nintendo. I think it is going to be close across the board.

If I had a chance to repick I think it is Sony>Nin>Xbox.

TheTruthHurts! said:
While I agree that the PS4 Pro is a great deal and has a superior library, my Xbox One X is a beast compared to my Pro and it is not as close as you think. The price you are paying for the hardware is justified considering what is under the hood. I don’t compare libraries because the Sony library is amazing.

Some people’s (cough) digital foundry interpretation are just plain wrong. They have had nothing but positive things to say about it. Performance issues (for both consoles) are based on developer support and optimization. Xbox One X is hands down more powerful and it shows. No use trying to downplay it.

On topic, it is interesting how November evolved. I went from thinking the XBox One would win with great X sales only to see Amazing results from both Sony and Nintendo. I think it is going to be close across the board.

If I had a chance to repick I think it is Sony>Nin>Xbox.

Well, I know many people that stated that the Ps4 will decrease in sales because of the Switch (portability and library) and the Xbone X (the raw power) and nothing were left for the ps4.

But then again people forget that the best selling console for a generation is the one that offers the better library and not the one that has the best raw power.

Indeed, the Xbone X is a magnificent machine for its price, We all hope, for the best of the Industry, that Microsoft will focus more on developing new IP's in the future.

thismeintiel said:
KLAMarine said:

The PS4 wasn't up against a $200 PS4 in its first November neither. It was up against the pariahs that were X1 and WiiU.

The two Novembers aren't very comparable.

That pariah still does great during the holidays, as evidenced here.  It was still able to beat the PS4 and the Switch's first Nov's after launch.  Switch because of a slight lack of demand and PS4 because a lack of stock.

Yes, nowadays XBox has rebounded from the PR disaster it once was four years ago. Note that it's today's XBox that the Switch was up against this past November in addition to the X1X's launch and a dirt-cheap PS4. GameStop was selling PS4s at $200 with a $50 gift card.

Switch was up against all of this without any sort of discount.

Four years ago, PS4 went up against a paltry WiiU and an X1 that cost $100 more than $400 and was still bound to a Kinect. Remember the Kinect?

thismeintiel said:

And we could just as easily say the $399 PS4 had to go up against the $150 3DS.

Switch had to go up against the 3DS as well and even more so: the 3DS has more in common with the Switch than it does with the PS4.

Around the Network

Some of these comments are absolutely ridiculous. Like these people get off on another company failing? How does that make sense? And how exactly is the Switch failing? One comment was " if it sold 800k it wouldn't be bad but it didn't reach that"... 770 k is pretty damn close. And pretty impressive considering there were 0 sales. Nintendo is raking in all the profits.
Also I LOL at the people who claim it is a fad that will die next year. Unifying handheld and home console is a revolution to the industry, not a fad. It has strong momentum. It has plenty of system sellers left from established franchises (who knows what else they have planned). The concept is selling the system itself. Third party support is gradually increasing, not decreasing. All I see is success for the Switch's future. But I could be wrong.

1doesnotsimply

Errorist76 said:
reviniente said:

Get this through your thick skull: The Pro is an upgrade for the base PS4. The X is an upgrade for the Xbox One S (or the original Xbox One). Now you can extrapolate how much more power you are getting, for how much more you are paying. And get your prices right for God's sake.

My prices are right. PS4Pro is even less than 350 where I live. It is also officially discounted in the US to 350,- for the holidays.

PS4Pro is 100,- more than the 1TB PS4 Slim, even less sometimes for 2.3 times the power.

At least in the US, the Pro is $399. So, there.

Errorist76 said:
hudsoniscool said:

It's all about perspective and what someone values to answer that question.

and I must point out that the pro is not 2.3 times as powerful as a PS4. It's gpu is. It's CPU is what? 20% faster? How bout memory and memory speed increases? 20% in this area as well?  Overall the pro is around 75% better than the base PS4. The X isn't 4.2 times better than the xb1s either it's less.

I was talking about raw Teraflops numbers of course for comparison sakes. We all know the X1X CPU is just 10% upclocked from the Pro.

I was simplifying of course. We all know the GPU in the Pro has more advanced features from Vega which the X1X is lacking. A 100% exact comparison will never be possible that way, same as because of the difference in bus speed.

Well, teraflops is not all there is to it, of course. As for those comparisons, the proof is in the pudding as they say. The pudding being like for like comparisons of multiplatform games. The X is winning and it will keep doing that for the foreseeable future. It's just the way it is.

reviniente said:
Errorist76 said:

At least in the US, the Pro is $399. So, there.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

Wtf is going on in here. Why don't everybody just stfu and unite over tea and crumpets.
Seriously stop arguing over stupid shit. I'll put the kettle on.

Last edited by SWORDF1SH - on 09 December 2017