By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Congrats to Sony!!

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

And ps4 with the BOmB bOmB drops of $199. It looked like an easy X1 win months ago. Things changed.

That said if you cant predict yourself then dont criticise any1 else.

Well, the X1 did have a new hardware being released.

I don’t mind people getting predictions wrong but you gotta admit that Nintendo fans have been very loud this year.

Thats all fans

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Well, the X1 did have a new hardware being released.

I don’t mind people getting predictions wrong but you gotta admit that Nintendo fans have been very loud this year.

Thats all fans

Fair enough. I guess it’s a vicious circle. I don’t even mind the Switch doing great, just as long as they’re not the market leader.

Errorist76 said:
reviniente said:

That's because it's not. The PS4 Pro is underwhelming, therefore the incentive for PS4 owners to upgrade is smaller. So, yeah.

You have it backwards. The PS4 is great already so the need to upgrade simply isn’t there. Pro is still 350% as fast as X1...if you want to call that underwhelming, go ahead. I'm sure you will also tell us that the 40% more power the X1X has is “a world of a difference”! 

It's not how much more powerful it is over the Xbox One that makes the Pro undelwhelming, but how much of an improvement over base PS4 that is. On the other hand, that 40% increase in power the X has on paper, is translating to massive gains in resolution (sometimes over 100%), better draw distances and use of higher quality assets over the Pro. DF is using  that phrase you have in quotes (as well as 'a night and day difference') a lot nowadays when referring to games running on the X. The X is a mid-console upgrade done right.

There’s a fucking a war going down in this thread.

But nothing bests the Nintendo Civil War after E3 2015. Many allegiances were shattered. Never in the history of vgchartz had I seen such devastation.

Last edited by Stellar_Fungk - on 09 December 2017

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Thats all fans

Fair enough. I guess it’s a vicious circle. I don’t even mind the Switch doing great, just as long as they’re not the market leader.

Excluding Japan, they won't be. You need to see that is obvious as night and day. 

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

Excluding Japan, they won't be. You need to see that is obvious as night and day. 

You cant compare the two in japan. West is fine though xD

Mar1217 said:
Lawlight said:

Well yeah, the PS4 does have the best library so I guess you do have a point about the AAA bombshell part.

What space was the 3DS competiting in? I know there is a percentage of casuals who were buying it.

Everything in favor of the PS4 performing well except, you know, strong competitors both new hardware.

1) A little bit of boasting, aren't ya ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You should have add "bigger" too if you want to get the most out of it.

2) Glad, we can agree that the PSVita never existed 

3) Today, if you go with the pricepoint of the Xbone + the launch of XbX + the Switch,newest hardware from Nintendo, then yeah. But in 2014 ? Mmm ... I would disagree

1. Nah, the PC has the biggest library.

2. So there’s no overlapping with regards to the console market and the handheld market?

3. The XB1 was actually cheaper than the PS4 for most of November 2014. May be why the X1 won by such a huge margin in Nov 2014. Those PS3 were actually very low so it could be stock issues. But the 3DS was also super cheap back then despite being relatively new.

Lawlight said:
reviniente said:

That's because it's not. The PS4 Pro is underwhelming, therefore the incentive for PS4 owners to upgrade is smaller. So, yeah.

Well, isn’t the Xbox One X underwhelming too, based on the framerate issuess reported by DF? The Pro was always going to a “nice to have” compared to the “must have” that the base PS4 is.

If you are referring to Project Cars 2 or Ark, those games are poorly optimized on both consoles, and are being continously patched. It's certainly not the X's fault (the CPU, weak as it may be, is still faster than what the Pro has). I think that on your second point we are in agreement, so yeah.

reviniente said:
Errorist76 said:

You have it backwards. The PS4 is great already so the need to upgrade simply isn’t there. Pro is still 350% as fast as X1...if you want to call that underwhelming, go ahead. I'm sure you will also tell us that the 40% more power the X1X has is “a world of a difference”! 

It's not how much more powerful it is over the Xbox One that makes the Pro undelwhelming, but how much of an improvement over base PS4 that is. On the other hand, that 40% increase in power the X has on paper, is translating to massive gains in resolution (sometimes over 100%), better draw distances and use of higher quality assets over the Pro. DF is using  that phrase you have in quotes (as well as 'a night and day difference') a lot nowadays when referring to games running on the X. The X is a mid-console upgrade done right.

It also is almost 200 dollars more expensive and perfprms worse in many games lately compared to the Pro.

They overshot it and no, its not done right when it basically embarrasses your early X1 customers. Sony went the much more repectful way by offering a decent upgrade, for little more money, for people who want to game in 4K and especially VR.

in most games yet the differences have been negligible and even Digital Foundry in many cases is disappointed by the X1Xs performance. It's that  5 year old tablet CPU holding it back. 500 is simply way too much money that late in the gen.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 09 December 2017