By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

reviniente said:
Lawlight said:

Well, isn’t the Xbox One X underwhelming too, based on the framerate issuess reported by DF? The Pro was always going to a “nice to have” compared to the “must have” that the base PS4 is.

If you are referring to Project Cars 2 or Ark, those games are poorly optimized on both consoles, and are being continously patched. It's certainly not the X's fault (the CPU, weak as it may be, is still faster than what the Pro has). I think that on your second point we are in agreement, so yeah.

Tbh only few games don’t have this problem. The weak Jaguar CPU is a huge bottleneck for many of those games. 

So again...you’re saying that having 2.3 times the power as PS4 is disappointing for 100 dollars more. But you’re saying having 1.4 times the power as the Pro is a huge upgrade for 150 dollars more?! Hypocrite.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:

I will edit whatever I want. Sue me.

Oh Lawlight responding with nonsense. Yep, done with this thread.

Why? Because you got caught?

Caught with what?

I simply don't want to talk with the likes of you about NPD. You are well known.

reviniente said:
Errorist76 said:

You have it backwards. The PS4 is great already so the need to upgrade simply isn’t there. Pro is still 350% as fast as X1...if you want to call that underwhelming, go ahead. I'm sure you will also tell us that the 40% more power the X1X has is “a world of a difference”! 

It's not how much more powerful it is over the Xbox One that makes the Pro undelwhelming, but how much of an improvement over base PS4 that is. On the other hand, that 40% increase in power the X has on paper, is translating to massive gains in resolution (sometimes over 100%), better draw distances and use of higher quality assets over the Pro. DF is using  that phrase you have in quotes (as well as 'a night and day difference') a lot nowadays when referring to games running on the X. The X is a mid-console upgrade done right.

Yaay for the X.

The thing s that the PS4pro doesn't need to be more than what it is. It would be nice if it were, but it doesn't need it. As far as the current gen is concerned, the gold standard is the PS4. Its lready won. The PS4pro is just a bonus. The XB1X on the other hand means more for MS than the Pro would ever mean for the PS4.

Think of it this way, the only reason anyone is talking about the XB1 now is because of the XB1X. While sony keep flaunting game after game after game... MS is pushing an irrelevant power battle. Even at the expense f their own mainstream console. Like they don't even talk about the XB1s anymore. The PS4 still wining this NPD in MS strongest territory just goes to show how little of a fuck anyone really gives about that shit. At least the people buying consoles.

So yaay for the X.

Errorist76 said:
reviniente said:

It's not how much more powerful it is over the Xbox One that makes the Pro undelwhelming, but how much of an improvement over base PS4 that is. On the other hand, that 40% increase in power the X has on paper, is translating to massive gains in resolution (sometimes over 100%), better draw distances and use of higher quality assets over the Pro. DF is using  that phrase you have in quotes (as well as 'a night and day difference') a lot nowadays when referring to games running on the X. The X is a mid-console upgrade done right.

It also is almost 200 dollars more expensive and perfprms worse in many games lately compared to the Pro.

They overshot it and no, its not done right when it basically embarrasses your early X1 customers. Sony went the much more repectful way by offering a decent upgrade, for little more money, for people who want to game in 4K and especially VR.

in most games yet the differences have been negligible and even Digital Foundry in many cases is disappointed by the X1Xs performance. It's that  5 year old tablet CPU holding it back. 500 is simply way too much money that late in the gen.

1. No, it isn't. No, it doesn't.

2. Respectful?

3. DF is not, in any way, shape or form, disappointed at the performance shown so far by the X. That '5 year old tablet CPU' is still more powerful than what the Pro has. Is it holding that 'Dynamic 4K gaming experience' back?

Errorist76 said:
reviniente said:

If you are referring to Project Cars 2 or Ark, those games are poorly optimized on both consoles, and are being continously patched. It's certainly not the X's fault (the CPU, weak as it may be, is still faster than what the Pro has). I think that on your second point we are in agreement, so yeah.

Tbh only few games don’t have this problem. The weak Jaguar CPU is a huge bottleneck for many of those games. 

So again...you’re saying that having 2.3 times the power as PS4 is disappointing for 100 dollars more. But you’re saying having 1.4 times the power as the Pro is a huge upgrade for 150 dollars more?! Hypocrite.

Get this through your thick skull: The Pro is an upgrade for the base PS4. The X is an upgrade for the Xbox One S (or the original Xbox One). Now you can extrapolate how much more power you are getting, for how much more you are paying. And get your prices right for God's sake.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
reviniente said:

Yaay for the X.

The thing s that the PS4pro doesn't need to be more than what it is. It would be nice if it were, but it doesn't need it. As far as the current gen is concerned, the gold standard is the PS4. Its lready won. The PS4pro is just a bonus. The XB1X on the other hand means more for MS than the Pro would ever mean for the PS4.

Think of it this way, the only reason anyone is talking about the XB1 now is because of the XB1X. While sony keep flaunting game after game after game... MS is pushing an irrelevant power battle. Even at the expense f their own mainstream console. Like they don't even talk about the XB1s anymore. The PS4 still wining this NPD in MS strongest territory just goes to show how little of a fuck anyone really gives about that shit. At least the people buying consoles.

So yaay for the X.

They dumbed down PUBG because of it. Just sayin'.

reviniente said:
Errorist76 said:

Get this through your thick skull: The Pro is an upgrade for the base PS4. The X is an upgrade for the Xbox One S (or the original Xbox One). Now you can extrapolate how much more power you are getting, for how much more you are paying. And get your prices right for God's sake.

No need to get angry, just because you notice I’m having a point.

My prices are right. PS4Pro is even less than 350 where I live. It is also officially discounted in the US to 350,- for the holidays.

Ok, So it seems logical thinking is not your biggest feat...

Another try, because you asked:

PS4Pro is 100,- more than the 1TB PS4 Slim, even less sometimes for 2.3 times the power.

X1X is 300,- more than X1 for 4.2 times the power.

What is the better deal?!

Replicant said: 

2017:
PS4: 4,255,423
XB1: 2,914,946
Switch: 3,383,062

Looking like Pachter might be right about Switch beating Xbox in US for 2017, unless December is extremely favorable for Microsoft. I don't see it outselling the Switch by more than 400,000 units in December. 

Nintendo's "shipped" numbers should look even better as they start to fill out store shelves for the first time by meeting demand here in the US.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I do think switch numbers are bad it should have been above 1M, but it's still a very good month

Errorist76 said:
reviniente said:

No need to get angry, just because you notice I’m having a point.

My prices are right. PS4Pro is even less than 350 where I live. It is also officially discounted in the US to 350,- for the holidays.

Ok, So it seems logical thinking is not your biggest feat...

Another try, because you asked:

PS4Pro is 100,- more than the 1TB PS4 Slim, even less sometimes for 2.3 times the power.

X1X is 300,- more than X1 for 4.2 times the power.

What is the better deal?!

It's all about perspective and what someone values to answer that question.

and I must point out that the pro is not 2.3 times as powerful as a PS4. It's gpu is. It's CPU is what? 20% faster? How bout memory and memory speed increases? 20% in this area as well?  Overall the pro is around 75% better than the base PS4. The X isn't 4.2 times better than the xb1s either it's less.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.