By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

reviniente said:
Errorist76 said:

I was talking about raw Teraflops numbers of course for comparison sakes. We all know the X1X CPU is just 10% upclocked from the Pro.

I was simplifying of course. We all know the GPU in the Pro has more advanced features from Vega which the X1X is lacking. A 100% exact comparison will never be possible that way, same as because of the difference in bus speed.

Well, teraflops is not all there is to it, of course. As for those comparisons, the proof is in the pudding as they say. The pudding being like for like comparisons of multiplatform games. The X is winning and it will keep doing that for the foreseeable future. It's just the way it is.

At 150 dollars more and a whole year later it’d be embarrassing if it didn’t. Still there are quite a number of those multiplatform games which have better frame rates on Pro, sometimes minor as in CODWW2 or Shadow Of War and sometimes Major as in pCARS2.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
reviniente said:

At least in the US, the Pro is $399. So, there.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

I just showed you, real time prices for the console. I don't know what else to tell you.

reviniente said:
Errorist76 said:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

I just showed you, real time prices for the console. I don't know what else to tell you.

The offer starts tomorrow......

zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

Please, tell us - what will happen in the next months?

2018 will probably be a repeat of 2017.

Switch wins most months according to NPD.

PS4 wins a few and is competitive even in the months it loses.

XBO goes back to a distant 3rd most months unless a big price cut or something happens that gives it a win for 1 or 2 months.

LOL your gonna be surprised dude when switch sales are gonna fall of a cliff in 2018. 2017 will be nothing like 2018, weather you wanna believe it or not 2017, is nintendo best line up ever, and also a new system launch that didnt meat demand for months, because most nintedo fans wanted one, so sales were inflated month to month, because day one buyers couldn't get it one.

Last edited by quickrick - on 09 December 2017

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

XBO goes back to a distant 3rd most months unless a big price cut or something happens that gives it a win for 1 or 2 months.

LOL your gonna be surprised dude when switch sales are gonna fall of a cliff in 2018. 2017 will be nothing like 2018, weather you wanna believe it or not 2017, is nintendo best line up ever, and also a new system launch that didnt meat demand for months, because most nintedo fans wanted one, so sales were inflated month to month, because day one buyers couldn't get it one.

So what will Switch sell in its first 10 months of 2018 in the US? Switch did (mar-oct) aroubd 2.6mil. I wamt to see this "off cliff prediction". Ironically japan will be up YoY easily

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Cool story

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Cool story

holla at me next year when ps4 is beating switch every month.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Cool story

holla at me next year when ps4 is beating switch every month.

Will do

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think we can all agree PS4 winning this was the best outcome, it’s now made its name as the console you don’t want to mess with. The reactions are just too good.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Meat demand? Could've sworn this was the NPD thread, I guess I wandered into the butcher thread...