By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, that is not true. The consensus was that it would do well. Don’t worry - the Switch will get its time to drop to $199. It started low so it will get there faster.

When do you predict it will go there? Permanent price drop and/or temp?

I noticed one thing about you and its you never give predictions (at least thought up ones) but you give shit to others.

Hard to say - Nintendo can be stubborn with the prices of their H/W - see the WiiU.

I only make lifetime predictions with regards to hardware like PS4 over 105M and Switch selling less than the sum of the 3DS and WiiU. Monthly sales in 1 country just seems too volatile for me to predict. I did tell you though that the Switch won’t sell $150k more than the PS4 in October if you recall.

If I predicted Nov I would have put the Switch on top because it’s a new system that’s cheap. I’m as surprised as you guys are that it sold less than 900k. Especially when you read all the articles about how the Switch will be the hottest item this black friday, etc.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
PS4 number 1. XB1 number 2...and then Switch...

1 2 Switch......Great marketing by Nintendo!

ThisGuyFooks said:
tbone51 said:

That price doesnt mean everything

I agree with you. It is not everything, but it is VERY important.

Xbox One at 500$ and PS3 at 600$ are great examples.

True, not going to argue that (you can add $250 3ds and $300 vita +card)

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

When do you predict it will go there? Permanent price drop and/or temp?

I noticed one thing about you and its you never give predictions (at least thought up ones) but you give shit to others.

Hard to say - Nintendo can be stubborn with the prices of their H/W - see the WiiU.

I only make lifetime predictions with regards to hardware like PS4 over 105M and Switch selling less than the sum of the 3DS and WiiU. Monthly sales in 1 country just seems too volatile for me to predict. I did tell you though that the Switch won’t sell $150k more than the PS4 in October if you recall.

If I predicted Nov I would have put the Switch on top because it’s a new system that’s cheap. I’m as surprised as you guys are that it sold less than 900k. Especially when you read all the articles about how the Switch will be the hottest item this black friday, etc.

And ps4 with the BOmB bOmB drops of $199. It looked like an easy X1 win months ago. Things changed.

That said if you cant predict yourself then dont criticise any1 else.

OTBWY said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

You wouldn't believe that the fans that have been gloating the most, are the ones that are coming from one of the, if not The Biggest Flop in Consoles History.

Oh, what a CRIME!!!

It's not like Nintendo had one of the best turnarounds in video game history ever.

Jeez! Fuck us for being happy that the Switch is a massive success. You're totally right mister Sony diehard. Totally.

Turnaround comig from the 70M selling 3DS?

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:
OTBWY said:

We will see with the months to come. Never speak too early. The Switch was supposed to be DOA remember.

Nice stealth edit BTW.

I will edit whatever I want. Sue me.

Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:

Oh, what a CRIME!!!

It's not like Nintendo had one of the best turnarounds in video game history ever.

Jeez! Fuck us for being happy that the Switch is a massive success. You're totally right mister Sony diehard. Totally.

Oh Lawlight responding with nonsense. Yep, done with this thread.

OTBWY said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Nice stealth edit BTW.

See you in court.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

And ps4 with the BOmB bOmB drops of $199. It looked like an easy X1 win months ago. Things changed.

That said if you cant predict yourself then dont criticise any1 else.

Well, the X1 did have a new hardware being released.

I don’t mind people getting predictions wrong but you gotta admit that Nintendo fans have been very loud this year.

KLAMarine said:
thismeintiel said:

This is good news.  Just not great.  Especially for those who were thinking the Switch would be the next Wii/PS4.  It didn't quite match the PS4's first Nov after launch, even though it was $100 cheaper and had little supply issue.  The PS4, however, did have supply issues that Nov, which caused a XBO victory for that month.  The PS4/Switch gap for 1st Nov could have easily been 200K+ without those issues.

The PS4 wasn't up against a $200 PS4 in its first November neither. It was up against the pariahs that were X1 and WiiU.

The two Novembers aren't very comparable.

That pariah still does great during the holidays, as evidenced here.  It was still able to beat the PS4 and the Switch's first Nov's after launch.  Switch because of a slight lack of demand and PS4 because a lack of stock.  And we could just as easily say the $399 PS4 had to go up against the $150 3DS.

OTBWY said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Nice stealth edit BTW.

Lawlight said:

Oh Lawlight responding with nonsense. Yep, done with this thread.

Why? Because you got caught?