By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide sales top 70.6 million, PlayStation VR tops two million

Kerotan said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The crazy thing is, 2018 might be close to this year! (I personally think even with the better line up next year this will be the peak)

Depends what the price is for most of the year. Personally I think we will have a $249 -1TB ps4 with a bundled game before they sell it for $199 permanently from next holiday. 

I'd expect a super slim to launch at $199

Oh btw. Do you actually think a Slim Pro will happen? I thought I remembered you saying that, that'd be interesting.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Depends what the price is for most of the year. Personally I think we will have a $249 -1TB ps4 with a bundled game before they sell it for $199 permanently from next holiday. 

I'd expect a super slim to launch at $199

It would be hard to top the shoe in 20M year that is this year. But that really is only if Sony wants to or not. 

If they make the $199 price official for most of the year then take it further by bundling every major release next year with the same $199 price point, then it's gonna blow this year out of the water. 

right now it's really not a question of if it's possible. it's just if Sony is willing to go that hard or not. And I doubt they are. Mostly because they don't need to. 

pitzy272 said:
Angelv577 said:

Pretty impressive. Surprised about the ps vr spike in sales. I am thinking of trading mine for the 199 ps vr with Gt but need to verify if that bundle has the VR with HDMI passthrough.  It is basically the reason of the trade in.

I don’t think it is the new version with HDMI pass-through. I think they’re selling it so cheap in order to get rid of the old versions? If you find out otherwise, let us know, bc I would almost certainly buy the new psvr version at $199.  

Yeah I thought the same thing.  If I find out something about it, I will let you know.

Way to go Sony and the PS4! Great hardware sales and amazing software! Well deserved!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It will be Sony's strongest year. $199 + incredible lineup of console selling exclusives. 

Eh, it's not officially 200$ in the beginning of 2018 to the end, right? I thought PS4 was still officially 250$?

It’s $299 officially.

Around the Network

Really good sales.

pastro243 said:
If you consider the new deals they have for pro and psvr, numbers will be huuge overall this year

Also, I'm guessing those vr software sales might have games like GT sport and RE7 included? 12 million seems a lot of games for a 2 million userbase

I doubt vr compatible games are complelty tracked. 

Otherwhise sales of Re7, GT Sport, Tekken 7, Tomb Raider, Star Wars Battlefront (and whatever else) would alone be higher then 12 mio (all vr comoatible),

RE7 tracks the VR players across all plattforms (12 % so likely 30% across the PS4 Version). MAybe they are tracking that. They certainly dont track a sale from re7 from a person that doesnt even own a psvr.

I think 12 Mio is possible. Until Dawn Rush of Blood, Batman, Farpoint, Skyrim, Star Trek Bridge Crew, PSVR Worlds, Eve, Rigs, Robinson and co likely all sold 100-500k. + Indie games are selling pretty good on PSVR and I know many people (myself included) that bought 20-30 games in the frist months alone  :D

CaptainExplosion said:
So is the PSVR a success?

do you think Apples iPhone is a success?

Because it sold 1,4 Mio units in its first year. Actually less then the PSVR.

Interesting to note that the Japanese market has contracted significantly since the PS1/PS2 era and that the PS4 is not exactly hitting a home run in NA (comparitively to the PS2, Wii or 360). So it's appeal as a brand has weakened in some markets, while growing stronger in others.

Dallinor said:
Interesting to note that the Japanese market has contracted significantly since the PS1/PS2 era and that the PS4 is not exactly hitting a home run in NA (comparitively to the PS2, Wii or 360). So it's appeal as a brand has weakened in some markets, while growing stronger in others.

X is legit competition in NA.  PS4 has an actual fight on its hands unlike PS/PS2 had.

Is it much less sales in same time from compared to Ps/PS2 ?