By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide sales top 70.6 million, PlayStation VR tops two million

PlayStation 4 has cumulatively sold through more than 70.6 million units to consumers as of December 3, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

In addition to hardware, more than 617.8 million copies of PlayStation 4 games have been sold at retailers across the world and through digital downloads on the PlayStation Store as of the same date.

As for PlayStation VR, the virtual reality headset has sold more than two million units. And 12.2 million copies of the 150 titles released for PlayStation VR have been sold at retailers across the world and through digital downloads on the PlayStation Store.

“We are delighted that so many people are enjoying the unique entertainment proposition of PlayStation 4 and that an emerging technology like PlayStation VR continues to gain traction,” said Andrew House, Chairman of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “I cannot thank our fans and partners enough. Their support, since the launch of very first PlayStation in 1994, has helped to make PlayStation one of the biggest console gaming network in the world. We will continue to work closely with partners to maintain this momentum and remain steadfast in making PS4 the best place to play.”

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Record braking? or is the wii still faster?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

On Dec 6, 2016 they announced 50 million so over 20 million in the last 12 months. Great sales!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pretty impressive, although what everybody expected I guess. I personally though PSVR was quite a bit over 2Million already, considering last 2 quarters they had reportedly around 500K each.

Nice! 17.2m sold since January 1st 2016! Last december PS4 sold over 3.82m according to VGC.

It's going to be a 20m+ year, and ps4's best ever.

Also 617.8m software sales already. It's easily going to reach the 2nd highest selling software system of all time. 

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

I think in the same period Wii has sold between 76-77m, but PS4 will have more legs for sure.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

According to vgchartz, ps4 was at 66 mil at the end of October. So 4 mil ps4 were sold in November. Is that possible? Or vgchartz is undertracking ps4?

eva01beserk said:

Wii is still ahead by about 7-8 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sony handled the whole life circle of the PS4 really well. They capitalized perfectly at the mistakes of Microsoft.

They deserved to be successful.

zorg1000 said:
eva01beserk said:

Wii is still ahead by about 7-8 million.

Ps4 will be ahead by end of next year. I think wii 4th or 5th year was really bad.