By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide sales top 70.6 million, PlayStation VR tops two million

Barkley said:

Nice! 17.2m sold since January 1st 2016! Last december PS4 sold over 3.82m according to VGC.

It's going to be a 20m+ year, and ps4's best ever.

Also 617.8m software sales already. It's easily going to reach the 2nd highest selling software system of all time. 

Did you mean 2017?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Damn the PS4 is selling great. Is there still anyone who thinks PS4 is not going to overtake the Wii.

This fiscal year it overtakes the 3ds. Next fiscal year it overtakes the Wii. Ps4 takes no prisoners. 

Sony will have the top 3 selling home consoles. 

1. Ps2

2. Ps4

3. Ps1

Qwark said:
Damn the PS4 is selling great. Is there still anyone who thinks PS4 is not going to overtake the Wii.

As I’ve said earlier, it’ll outsell PS2 ;)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Wow! That is Insane! Who cares about Handhelds, hybrids and smartphones! When you can do sooo well with a Home Console.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Wow! That is Insane! Who cares about Handhelds, hybrids and smartphones! When you can do sooo well with a Home Console.

Couldn't have said it any better. Well said. 

VGPolyglot said:
I wonder how much more it'll be by the end of the fiscal year. I'm also surprised that they didn't wait until PSX to announce this.

Idk, it seems like they’ve been trying more and more to keep their conferences focused JUST on the games, and have been avoiding talking about sales, numbers, etc.. I still think a 30-second announcement for this at PSX would’ve been a nice touch. 

pitzy272 said:
VGPolyglot said:
I wonder how much more it'll be by the end of the fiscal year. I'm also surprised that they didn't wait until PSX to announce this.

Idk, it seems like they’ve been trying more and more to keep their conferences focused JUST on the games, and have been avoiding talking about sales, numbers, etc.. I still think a 30-second announcement for this at PSX would’ve been a nice touch. 

Which is a better milestone to announce. 70m or 75?

Amazing number, congrats and thank you Sony for releasing such a successful and great console!!!

Probably another 2.5m - 3m added for December.

The PS5 Exists.