By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide sales top 70.6 million, PlayStation VR tops two million

ThisGuyFooks said:

Wow, so that means PS4 is actually ahead of PS2 atm?!

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Yeah bro, it is nothing short of Amazing!

Scary thing is, this wasnt its peak year in my opinion.

Next year will be Ba-na-nas.

Errorist76 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Yes, but the PS2 was only available in Japan in its first 9 months, so it's a skewed comparison.

Teeqoz said:

Yes, but the PS2 was only available in Japan in its first 9 months, so it's a skewed comparison.

But the competition wasn't as stiff back then either. 

The PS5 Exists. 

ThisGuyFooks said:
Errorist76 said:

Errorist76 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Like Teeqoz said, PS2 was only available in Japan for the first 8-9 months whiich skews things.

When aligning launches per region, PS2 is still ahead.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

But the competition wasn't as stiff back then either. 

Thats one of the strangest replies ive ever heard and has nothing to do with what was said.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Errorist76 said:

Like Teeqoz said, PS2 was only available in Japan for the first 8-9 months whiich skews things.

You have a point but I’m not sure if it’s valid to take that into account. I’m sure even in the West PS2 also launched in much less countries back then as PS4 did. So where do we start and where do we stop differenciating?!

zorg1000 said: 

Is it i've seen this posted on gaf.  

not sure if its world aligned launchor not.  PS4s lead might be enough that it won't matter.  

Errorist76 said:
zorg1000 said:

You have a point but I’m not sure if it’s valid to take that into account. I’m sure even in the West PS2 also launched in much less countries back then as PS4 did. So where do we start and where do we stop differenciating?!

It is obvious that no launch will be the same as the other.

There will be regions, stock, price, etc situations that will "skew" the comparison from one launch to another.

Launches aligned, the PS4 is ahead of the PS2.

Everyone is free to dig deeper tho.

Hiku said:
Shikamo said:

I think in the same period Wii has sold between 76-77m, but PS4 will have more legs for sure.

Either way, Wii was much cheaper, and attracted soccer moms who bought it to play Wii Sports/Fit once, and never touched it again.
I'm more impressed by a system that are selling good and purely targeting gamers.

There are no systems as supported in the long term as Playstation consoles.

That is why they have legs, while consoles like the Wii dropped in sales like a car hitting a brick wall because it was basically abandoned in the transition to the Wii U.