By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide sales top 70.6 million, PlayStation VR tops two million

Time to update the Chartz!

Around the Network

PS4 tops 3DS

CGI-Quality said:
And here I predicted 2016 to be the peak year! Time for some perspective on this, they're going to pass the PS3's lifetime numbers (assuming they're still just shy of 90 million) in just a year!

Bohoo, bad prediktor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:
And here I predicted 2016 to be the peak year! Time for some perspective on this, they're going to pass the PS3's lifetime numbers (assuming they're still just shy of 90 million) in just a year!

The crazy thing is, 2018 might be close to this year! (I personally think even with the better line up next year this will be the peak)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The crazy thing is, 2018 might be close to this year! (I personally think even with the better line up next year this will be the peak)

It will be Sony's strongest year. $199 + incredible lineup of console selling exclusives. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

It will be Sony's strongest year. $199 + incredible lineup of console selling exclusives. 

Eh, it's not officially 200$ in the beginning of 2018 to the end, right? I thought PS4 was still officially 250$?

Eh, it's not officially 200$ in the beginning of 2018 to the end, right? I thought PS4 was still officially 250$?

It will be. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

It will be. 

Then I still see this year being the highest, but I wouldn't be surprised if next year was the peak either.

CGI-Quality said:

Depends what the price is for most of the year. Personally I think we will have a $249 -1TB ps4 with a bundled game before they sell it for $199 permanently from next holiday. 

I'd expect a super slim to launch at $199

Kerotan said:

Depends what the price is for most of the year. Personally I think we will have a $249 -1TB ps4 with a bundled game before they sell it for $199 permanently from next holiday. 

I'd expect a super slim to launch at $199

I don't thin Sony will bother putting more money into R&D because they've already got a reasonably compact solution. If I'm wrong then I'd be surprised. 

The PS5 Exists.