By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport debuts - another 1M opening

Doesn't sound impressive to me, I guess that Uncharted is their flagship franchise now rather than Gran Turismo.

Around the Network
wings said:
Errorist76 said:

You have already disqualified after admitting you have only played 5 hours of the game.

Also reported. Clear troll account (probably alt) only here to trash the game.

ok there, keep telling yourself that.  Fact is it's the worst GT EVER, and that's not even up for debate.  That is mere market reality. 

Iv been lurking for some time, and my god near all your post are Gt defence apologism and excuse making, what is your vested interest in GT ? seriously you seem obsessed with anyone that doesn't share your overly positive and blind love for this mediocre game.  

Moderated ~ CGI

I've been playing sim's for 30 years and GT Sport is unquestionably the most polished, finest handling GT yet. The only criticism that can be applied is the level of content, but what's there takes the genre to another level in terms of quality. Better still it's cultivating a courteous online racing community that was once only the preserve of iRacing. This will be of far greater importance to GT, and sims in general, long-term future.

Recent weeks have seen a significant turnaround in the perception of GT Sport. With many more people getting it into their hands, the quality shines through. Equally, the DLC plans tick all the boxes for fans. There's now a clear roadmap for the title and I can only see it getting stronger as time moves on.

Incidentally, in the UK GT Sport has surpassed 350K (including digital), and looks set to hit near 500K by the end of the year. That's the kind of numbers only GT5 achieved. Of course the discounted pricing helps, but to think GT Sport could do almost half a million in the UK alone (a good 4x-5x more than FM7) is quite remarkable. It's also seen a resurgence in other major European markets like France and Germany.

When all's said and done GT Sport will probably total 7m-8m and be in a position to launch as a GaaS when PS5 releases.

Last edited by Storeman67 - on 06 December 2017

Mar1217 said:
Good numbers, but not so good for the GT franchise. And only in Europe so far did we see some legs for this game. So I guess 3M with digital will be satisfactory for them, in the end.

With the recent price drops, announced updates, including GT mode in a week and Black Friday in between, rest assured the game has probably sold 3 Million already.

Would have expected it to sell more since its GT but those look like okay sales.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:
Doesn't sound impressive to me, I guess that Uncharted is their flagship franchise now rather than Gran Turismo.

Let's not take it there. This place has seen enough back-and-forth to last several threads.

OK then, what am I supposed to say, then?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
CGI-Quality said:

Let's not take it there. This place has seen enough back-and-forth to last several threads.

Dont compare Sony game sales with other Sony game sales in a thread about a Sony games sales, silly.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm sure you can figure something else out. :)

My post wasn't meant to be a jab or bait, though I was trying to make an observation.

This is basically the same situation as GT 5 Prologue, and then GT5 still sold ridiculously, so the fact this is doing really well says wonders for what GT7 will do.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

VGPolyglot said:

Well, Uncharted is finished now.

wow sales is serious Business