By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport debuts - another 1M opening

flashfire926 said:
Ps4 dominates worldwide, so this isn't really a surprise.

Outside of NA, GT hasnt fallen off like many predicted (including me). Good to know.

I'm still expecting it to sell 10 Million plus, after the GT mode (lGT League) will be back implemented and together with the lower price most earlier complaints have been eliminated.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
It needs more clean drivers online! 1M is not enough.
People rather shoot each other online :/

Estimated 1.3 Million was first week only. The game is easily at 2-3 now. Maybe even more after the recent price drop and Christmas coming up.

Kyuu said:

Seems like these numbers are hurting the haters feelings I love it!

And yeah I imagine it had good digital numbers as well. Buyers who were on the fence about getting it physical or digital may have ended up going for the latter because of the demo. Though I think it'll have some awful legs before the deals kick in.

The game is at its core undoubtedly excellent. But considering the price, content/options, and the time it took PD to develop, I'm personally disappointed with it. Might change my mind a couple of years from now.

It's a great skeleton lacking the heart and meat.  

One can easily see the best racing game being made from it, but it's Not GTs not by a long shot.  

But a proper GT7 could be unbelievably great.  

Errorist76 said:
SvennoJ said:
It needs more clean drivers online! 1M is not enough.
People rather shoot each other online :/

Estimated 1.3 Million was first week only. The game is easily at 2-3 now.

Likely, yet how many of those are active. A friend of mine bought it for 20 euros, drove 57km so far. The cheap price is moving copies, dedicated race fans are hard to find nowadays though.

Sony is bundling it aggressively anyway
https://uploadvr.com/psvr-gran-turismo-sport-drops-200-next-week/
PSVR + camera + GT Sport for $199 next week.

Too bad GT Sport psvr implementation is severely limited, but that's a great deal nonetheless.

wings said:
Kyuu said:

Seems like these numbers are hurting the haters feelings I love it!

And yeah I imagine it had good digital numbers as well. Buyers who were on the fence about getting it physical or digital may have ended up going for the latter because of the demo. Though I think it'll have some awful legs before the deals kick in.

The game is at its core undoubtedly excellent. But considering the price, content/options, and the time it took PD to develop, I'm personally disappointed with it. Might change my mind a couple of years from now.

One can easily see the best racing game being made from it, but it's Not GTs not by a long shot.  

You have already disqualified after admitting you have only played 5 hours of the game.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 06 December 2017

Around the Network
Errorist76 said: 

I'm pretty sure it's better than GT6, and that was at a bigger install base. I'd say it's pretty remarkable after some of those reviewers tried to write it down for stupid reasons.

Except it's not.  The reviews are blatantly clear.

GTsport launched with PS4 being at around 60/65 million and will be at 80million before Gtsport hits 6 month on market, GT5 launched at a much smaller user base yet did what 2 or 3 times the sales. 

Gtsports sales are actually remarkably bad given all it has going for it.  

Nothing more stupid then GTsports must be online to save feature.  

Errorist76 said:

I'm still expecting it to sell 10 Million plus, after the GT mode (lGT League) will be back implemented and together with the lower price most earlier complaints have been eliminated.

The bargain bin pricing helped lots.  So it should pass GT6, but that's still not a given.   But it has no chance at even sniffing ten million.  

No they haven't, still the same mediocre game with same shortcomings.

Lack of cars - Most cars being duplicates gr3 gr4 rally street rally version  or even funnier car count padding police lights on a M4 lol.  Or all the fake VGT cars and their duplicates.  
Lack of tracks, most being fake tracks.
No dynamic weather. 
N0 modifications.  According to Kaz the fanbase is too stupid to modify their own cars.  

So most of the complaints are still there, and will be for the foreseeable future.  

wings said:
Errorist76 said: 

I'm pretty sure it's better than GT6, and that was at a bigger install base. I'd say it's pretty remarkable after some of those reviewers tried to write it down for stupid reasons.

Except it's not.  The reviews are blatantly clear.

GTsport launched with PS4 being at around 60/65 million and will be at 80million before Gtsport hits 6 month on market, GT5 launched at a much smaller user base yet did what 2 or 3 times the sales. 

Gtsports sales are actually remarkably bad given all it has going for it.  

Nothing more stupid then GTsports must be online to save feature.  

Errorist76 said:

The bargain bin pricing helped lots.  So it should pass GT6, but that's still not a given.   But it has no chance at even sniffing ten million.  

No they haven't, still the same mediocre game with same shortcomings.

Lack of cars - Most cars being duplicates gr3 gr4 rally street rally version  or even funnier car count padding police lights on a M4 lol.  Or all the fake VGT cars and their duplicates.  
Lack of tracks, most being fake tracks.
No dynamic weather. 
N0 modifications.  According to Kaz the fanbase is too stupid to modify their own cars.  

So most of the complaints are still there, and will be for the foreseeable future.  

I wonder who's alt-account you are, freshly created account...I guess I have got an idea.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 06 December 2017

Errorist76 said:
wings said:

You have already disqualified after admitting you have only played 5 hours of the game.

Also reported. Clear troll account (probably alt) only here to trash the game.

ok there, keep telling yourself that.  Fact is it's the worst GT EVER, and that's not even up for debate.  That is mere market reality. 

Iv been lurking for some time, and my god near all your post are Gt defence apologism and excuse making, what is your vested interest in GT ? seriously you seem obsessed with anyone that doesn't share your overly positive and blind love for this mediocre game.  

Moderated ~ CGI

wings said:

ok there, keep telling yourself that.  Fact is it's the worst GT EVER, and that's not even up for debate.  That is mere market reality. 

Iv been lurking for some time, and my god near all your post are Gt defence apologism and excuse making, what is your vested interest in GT ? seriously you seem obsessed with anyone that doesn't share your overly positive and blind love for this mediocre game.  

And all of yours are attacks on the game. Almost all of your comments [with this account] are trolling the game.

wings said:
Errorist76 said:

Also reported. Clear troll account (probably alt) only here to trash the game.

Moderated ~ CGI

That's not a FACT at all...It might be your opinion, but I even question your ability to form a qualified opinion after 5 hours of play! IMHO it's actually the best driving, most fun and by far best looking and performing GT game to date. Added modes like Scapes and especially the livery editor add so much to the game. The new Online system and -racing is the new benchmark this side of iRacing. The new campaign is much more substantial than people try to make it out to be and the arcade and custom race mode adds a lot more SP content on top. 

I'm a huge GT fan since the first GT and I honestly think it ALREADY is the best GT they ever created...by a wide margin even. And that is without the added career mode which will come in next week's update. More content (like 50 new cars and new tracks until march) is already announced and we all know the game will continue to grow like past GT games did, weather will also be added soon, like on GT5 for example. Of course you'd know that if you were a GT fan yourself.