By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1X sells 80k+ first week in U.K

hudsoniscool said:
JEMC said:

Congrats to MSoft for the successful launch of the X.

Having said that, the fact that a $500 console sells well makes me worry a little bit. We shouldn't give companies that $500 consoles are ok, or we might get PS5/X2 in that price range.

There's this thing called inflation man. A 400$ console in 2006 is the same as a 500$ console in 2017. Just like when people complain about  micro transactions and paid dlc in games. A new game has been 60$ for how long? 20 years? 30?. It should be 85 or 90. 

I know what inflation is. And I also know that in most countries, salaries haven't increased at the same rate as inflation, but quite less.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Good, at the very least I hope the X1X helps keep overall Xbox sales steady.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Its definitely sold over 20k in Australia as that's how big EB Games Batches were.

hudsoniscool said:
JEMC said:

Congrats to MSoft for the successful launch of the X.

Having said that, the fact that a $500 console sells well makes me worry a little bit. We shouldn't give companies that $500 consoles are ok, or we might get PS5/X2 in that price range.

There's this thing called inflation man. A 400$ console in 2006 is the same as a 500$ console in 2017. Just like when people complain about  micro transactions and paid dlc in games. A new game has been 60$ for how long? 20 years? 30?. It should be 85 or 90. 

From my recollection:

N64 games were $50

Gamecube games were $50

PSOne games were $40

PS2 games were $50

Wii games were $50

The Wii U was the first Nintendo console to start selling $60 games, at least in the United States. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were the first consoles to start selling games at $60.

And with the indie game scene taking much of the spotlight in recent years, game prices are all over the board. And on the other end of the spectrum, you have big budget games with DLC now that raises the cost from $60 to $90 for many games.

Maybe it was different where you grew up, but I'm from the USA, where games have only been $60 for a little over a decade.

First week numbers will obviously be high but it won't sustain that. Early adopters will pay the price and those Xbox one owners who weren't happy with the Xbox one will buy one asap.

After that it's likely to sell much much lesa

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
"The majority of sales were for the special Project Scorpio version of the machine."
feels like it will be hard to track how well the X1X does until the special edition stays sold out.

Even at $680 it is only 5 behind the non-special XB1 at $500.

Wonder if Microsoft will release more "special editions" seeing how well it is doing each time they release some.

Well they had Day One X1 special editions months after release. So this one done better.

hudsoniscool said:
DonFerrari said:

So launch is comparable to all that launched on the last 12 months or so.

Not really. Took ps4pro a month to do 80k... but pro did have worse supply constraints tho.

Talking about FW and as you said supply constraint... so if X1X hold sales it will be above PS4Pro launch (won't pass Switch), if it doesn't it can be on same pace or bellow PS4Pro.

RaptorChrist said:
hudsoniscool said:

From my recollection:

N64 games were $50

Gamecube games were $50

PSOne games were $40

PS2 games were $50

Wii games were $50

The Wii U was the first Nintendo console to start selling $60 games, at least in the United States. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were the first consoles to start selling games at $60.

And with the indie game scene taking much of the spotlight in recent years, game prices are all over the board. And on the other end of the spectrum, you have big budget games with DLC now that raises the cost from $60 to $90 for many games.

Maybe it was different where you grew up, but I'm from the USA, where games have only been $60 for a little over a decade.

As far as I remember during SNES and N64 due to cartridge it wasn't uncommon for 80USD or more for a game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Excellent launch sales. I would expect a premium device such as this to drop in sales quite quickly, the people a device such as this appeals to are also those that are usually early adopters.

That's impressive. Didn't know there was that much market for it. Wonder how well it will hold up in the long run...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Hiku said:

"Of course, stock shortages of both PS4 Pro and Switch will have impacted the performance of those machines."

Something that probably should have been highlighted in the OP.
Still it's good to see XB1X doing well in its first week in the UK, and it looks like Microsoft didn't ship out few units for launch, at least not in the UK.

Why?

Xbox One X wasn't any different.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Hiku said:

"Of course, stock shortages of both PS4 Pro and Switch will have impacted the performance of those machines."

Something that probably should have been highlighted in the OP.
Still it's good to see XB1X doing well in its first week in the UK, and it looks like Microsoft didn't ship out few units for launch, at least not in the UK.

Why?

Xbox One X wasn't any different.

From what I can gather, the One X didn't sell out as quickly as the other two consoles.