By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1X sells 80k+ first week in U.K

Thats impressive. Well done microsoft.

Around the Network

Comparing the launch of the Pro to the X is pretty different. PS4 was not a true 4K console. Modest improvements, where as the X is much worthy of the upgrade. Plus, it's another year of 4K TV's price dropping and consumers upgrading. It makes a lot of sense to jump in with the X than it was with the Pro. But we'll see how long it sustains. I think it drops down to be much more comparable to the Pro. You can still walk into stores and pick up an X. That's insane for a console debut. The fact the Project Scorpio editions are still available is interesting as well.

RJ_Sizzle said:
That's good. If it keeps up the momentum, then the S might be legacy console faster than we think.

How can there be momentum if there is only one entry point of sales tracking?

By next tracking period if it still high you can say it has good momentum, right now all you can say is it had a good launch.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Great opening I hope the Xone X can secure the 50 million mark for the Xone. Anyway UK is a very strong market for Xbox and the Cone still competes with the PS4 over there. So I doubt it will outsell the launch of the PS4PRO worldwide. But they won this battle by a landslide.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

darkenergy said:
A $500 console selling better than the Pro and Switch in its launch week? Nice

(INB4 someone tries to spin this as a negative)

The comeback is on. Ps4 better watch it's back!

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
That's good. If it keeps up the momentum, then the S might be legacy console faster than we think.

By next tracking period if it still high you can say it has good momentum, right now all you can say is it had a good launch.

I do believe I said, "if". Besides, the diehards seem to be thirsty enough for this console, it might do better than some people think.

Jenea1992 said:
PS4 ----------- 250,000 --- 2 days
Xbox One ------ 150,000 --- 2 days
Switch -------- 80,000 ---- 2 days
Xbox One X ---- 80,000 ---- 5 days
PS4 Pro ------- 50,000 ---- 3 days
* hardware figures are up-weighted 20%
** stock shortages of both PS4 Pro and Switch will have impacted the performance of those machines

Jenea1992 said:
PS4 ----------- 250,000 --- 2 days
Xbox One ------ 150,000 --- 2 days
Switch -------- 80,000 ---- 2 days
Xbox One X ---- 80,000 ---- 5 days
PS4 Pro ------- 50,000 ---- 3 days
* hardware figures are up-weighted 20%
** stock shortages of both PS4 Pro and Switch will have impacted the performance of those machines

Can we get a source on this?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Machina said:
b00moscone said:
That's really good! What does the 'up-weighed' part mean though?

Presumably means the sample data was extrapolated upwards to achieve a representative sample of the country as a whole. Pretty standard.

OT - very impressive figures. The one potential negative of course is that it will have appealed mostly to existing XOne owners, so will be very front-loaded and won't show good legs when combined with the high price point. But we'll see. That doesn't take away from a very strong first week regardless. A nice shot in the arm for Xbox in the UK.

Ahh, i see, i see! Thanks for the explanation!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

RJ_Sizzle said:
eva01beserk said:

I do believe I said, "if". Besides, the diehards seem to be thirsty enough for this console, it might do better than some people think.

What you said is still incorrect."If it keeps up" means it already started. we need at least 2 refrence points to say its keeping up.

The die hards are still a minority that buys multyple consoles wich infate their number even more, so the die hards will be done with by the end of he month. It will be the same as before, come january they might as well stop making the xbox untill E3.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

What you said is still incorrect."If it keeps up" means it already started. we need at least 2 refrence points to say its keeping up.

The die hards are still a minority that buys multyple consoles wich infate their number even more, so the die hards will be done with by the end of he month. It will be the same as before, come january they might as well stop making the xbox untill E3.

Yes, my OPINION is incorrect. The system seems to be selling fine on Amazon when it's available if you need a point of reference. I mean, there may actually be some people that want the system. I wouldn't get my sodium levels up over it