By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1X sells 80k+ first week in U.K

Now the real question: How front-loaded is it?

Congratulations to Microsoft. You guys have the most attractive hardware and some of the most attractive business models. Hopefully the console does well for you guys, it's already proving good.

Around the Network

Pretty good numbers. Microsoft has done a good job marketing the thing.

Ka-pi96 said:
hinch said:

Nope. Readily available from most large retail chains (Argos, Currys etc)

OT: Impressive numbers for a £450 console. That's actually really expensive for a console here.

I think the bundle do help it mind. Most XB1 X in the UK come with at least one AAA game from Microsoft.

The UK's biggest games retailer (GAME) has not a single bundle with a free AAA game. The same is true on Amazon as well, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

If people choose to pay the full price of a game to get that alongside the console, that isn't really bundles helping to sell the console...

He is making that up. Even Aaron Greenberg said on twitter today or yesterday that they don't plan on bundling it at all this year.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

The Xbox One X is currently ranked in Amazon.co.uk Top 100 at No. 29 (In Stock).

Id say the sales were immensely Front Loaded, but this is nothing new with Xbox products.

Even the Elite Controller at 150$ had great numbers at launch, but then died quickly.

These are great numbers.

However, we have to remember that the Pro wasn't heavily promoted, had a low key announcement, was a smaller jump in technology and wasn't stocked as well as the XB1X. From a consumers perspective it's harder to persuade those people without a 4K TV to buy a console that promised 1080p when the console they already had was doing 1080p. On the other hand, it's easier to persuade people without a 4K TV to buy a console that promised 1080p when the console they already had did 900p.

The jump from least powerful to most powerful is a much easier sell. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

These are great numbers.

However, we have to remember that the Pro wasn't heavily promoted, had a low key announcement, was a smaller jump in technology and wasn't stocked as well as the XB1X. From a consumers perspective it's harder to persuade those people without a 4K TV to buy a console that promised 1080p when the console they already had was doing 1080p. On the other hand, it's easier to persuade people without a 4K TV to buy a console that promised 1080p when the console they already had did 900p.

The jump from least powerful to most powerful is a much easier sell. 

• Microsoft revealed the Project Scorpio in 2016 E3, closing their show with a sneak peek of the Project.
  • Then, Microsoft invited Digital Foundry to their campus in Redmond (April 2017) to give them an exclusive look of the console.  
  • In June 2017, Microsoft finally revealed the console, opening their E3 Show with it.
  • In August 2017, they revealed the Xbox One X Scorpio Limited Edition at Gamescom.
  • Microsoft's Social Media were basically 100% focused on the xbox One X since its reveal.

Ka-pi96 said:
hinch said:

Nope. Readily available from most large retail chains (Argos, Currys etc)

OT: Impressive numbers for a £450 console. That's actually really expensive for a console here.

I think the bundle do help it mind. Most XB1 X in the UK come with at least one AAA game from Microsoft.

The UK's biggest games retailer (GAME) has not a single bundle with a free AAA game. The same is true on Amazon as well, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

If people choose to pay the full price of a game to get that alongside the console, that isn't really bundles helping to sell the console...

Lots of unofficial bundles.. before being called a liar and making shit up :P

hudsoniscool said:
Ka-pi96 said:

He is making that up. Even Aaron Greenberg said on twitter today or yesterday that they don't plan on bundling it at all this year.

You don't even live in the UK. And nor does Aaron Greenberg [shrugs]

Amazing numbers, and a lot of intelligent, informative posts from the sites members.

I hope it continues to sell well.

The console is a Beast!

Amazing how you say curry’s and Argos has stock but when I try and order it’s a 5 day wait for me 🤔