By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

#50 You play as a Rookie attorney on his first set of cases involving very eccentric characters.

#49 You start this JRPG game on an island where the inhabitants believe it is the only land in the entire world.

#48 Wright Hates this series with a passion and the console it is on recently had a successor but is still going strong. Also First Place, inb4 ____ _____

#47 The Sequel to a game where the real question is... Are you a human child or are you a marine animal?

#46 This game has a perma death system for units and is a Strategic JRPG. The main units in this particular one are siblings who lose their father at the start of the game.

Last edited by uran10 - on 12 November 2017

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

I wonder if a certain one with a certain cat made the list ;) also wonder how many of those 10 are the same as mine (i have 8 from 2017)

Let's just say that my selection for #4 might possibly be of that persuasion. ;)

I speculate, based on earlier statements you've made, that we may possibly have upwards of 3 or 4 favorites from the current year in common!

Ka-pi96 said:
uran10 said:
#48 Wright Hates this series with a passion and the console it is on recently had a successor. Also First Place, inb4 ____ _____

#47 The Sequel to a game where the real question is... Are you a human child or are you a marine animal?

#48 Pokemon Sun/Moon? I know Wright hates Pokemon with a passion!

#47 Splatoon 2? Too easy

48 is wrong

47 is correct tho

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

#50 Dead Rising 4 (no, this is not a joke, I really actually like this game)

I had countless hours of fun with this game, more than I ever expected to have. The gameplay, for me, is pure bliss,  and I will take this over any game in the zombie game. I always liked Dead Rising, but one thing I always hated, that stupid timer, was finally removed with this game. The Christmas theme was well implemented, and the goofyness was turned up to 11. People didnt like new Frank West, but I thought he was fine, and a nice upgrade over that nick guy from the last game. Sure, the many bugs, and removal of psychopaths bring it down, but this is still second  best in the series, only behind the original.

#49 is a Square Enix game known for its hilariously bad framerate.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

uran10 said:

#46 This game has a perma death system for units and is a Strategic JRPG. The main units in this particular one are siblings who lose their father at the start of the game.

That's Fire Emblem, but I didn't played this title I think. Probably the first one and the father is cornelius?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

#49 is a game I got with my Game Boy Micro when I was six. It wasn't really that good, but it was one of my first two games, so it's a special one for me. It's a Disney version of Madagascar.

#50 - Crash BASH!!

#49 is a game based off of a book, yet instead of being an adaptation is actually a new story set in the universe.

VGPolyglot said:

#49 is a game based off of a book, yet instead of being an adaptation is actually a new story set in the universe.

Uh, I know there a lot of movie adaptations in gaming, but there are book adaptations too?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

#50 Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

PS1

This year I gave a try to the original PS1 trilogy of Crash, was a fun time.

Crash 3 feels like a great improvement over the previous games, thanks to the new power ups that makes the platforming a bit easier to compensate for the camera, the variety of gameplay styles, fun bosses and a decent soundtrack, overall I was pretty surprised by how well the game held up today.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:

Uh, I know there a lot of movie adaptations in gaming, but there are book adaptations too?

Haven't you heard of The Witcher before? Or the Metro games as well. Don't know if they're what VGP is referring to since I haven't played either, but there's definitely some well known book to game adaptations out there.

Didn't thought of that. I actually read (but never played) Metro. I also know about the Witcher-books. So yes, you're right.