By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $349 PS4 PRO, vs $499 XBOX ONE X? Which one wins?

PS4 PRO VS XBOX ONE X sales

PS4PRO would sell more 149 44.35%

PS4 PRO would sell way more 111 33.04%

XBOX ONE X would sell the same 23 6.85%

XBOX would sell more 34 10.12%

Xbox would still sell way more 19 5.65%

Total:336
d21lewis said:
My philosophy is this: Don't settle for what you can get. Get what you want.

PS4 Pro offers a ton of things that the Xbox One X doesn't and vice versa but, at the end of the day, what people want will always triumph over price. Time and again, we've seen companies try to win over gamers with low prices (ie: GameCube vs Xbox or Xbox 360 vs PS3) but when all is said and done, people will buy what appeals to them, even if it's more expensive.

When's the last time you bought a cheap game because the one you really wanted cost more?

Me? Never.

Parents getting something for their kids for Christmas?  Imagine it happens all the time.  My friend bought her son a PS3 with some games just last year because it was so much cheaper than the PS4 he really wanted.  Many people the difference of $100-200 is very significant if they are buying for their kids.  Holiday season is filled with confused parents going with the cheaper option.  I don't think it would matter how badly I wanted a Neo Geo as a kid, the Super Nintendo was what I was getting if I was lucky.

Around the Network

A 200$ S model from either manufacturer? I don't think that the Pro or the X are the real driving forces this gen, or that they will become anytime soon.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

d21lewis said:

PS4 Pro offers a ton of things that the Xbox One X doesn't and vice versa but, at the end of the day, what people want will always triumph over price. Time and again, we've seen companies try to win over gamers with low prices (ie: GameCube vs Xbox or Xbox 360 vs PS3) but when all is said and done, people will buy what appeals to them, even if it's more expensive.

When's the last time you bought a cheap game because the one you really wanted cost more?

This is why I bought the PS4 Pro over the PS4 Slim.  Specifically in regards to games if I had to choose only one between the Bioshock Collection and Silver Case, I'd pick Bioshock Collection.  But at the time the Bioshock Collection was $30 while Silver Case was $15.  So I bought Silver Case because it was cheaper.  But in the grander scheme of my reality, I was going to buy the Bioshock Collection at some point anyway.  So maybe I'll find it at a cheaper price in the future.

I believe the PS4 Pro will get it, with the X1X really close to beating it.

The PS4 Pro will sell better even if it did not get a discount because marketshare is king. Momentum in this market always works best for the leading console and Sony has the library to keep things going smooth for years to come. The X1X is not priced to compete with the Pro or any PS4 system. It will not have any black Friday deals so I doubt it will out sell the Pro unless there is a huge surge of gamers wanting to come back to MS console now that they have the hardware advantage or a period of time.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

So you don't want a brand new LaFerrari?  A second house on the beach in Miami?  A private jet?  Budget and value are relative concepts.  Your "get what you want" isn't the same as Donald Trump's or Bill Gate's "get what you want." 

That's why price will always be an important factor in the home console equation.

gtjay1982 said:
I think Sony is going to push pro deals in December. $350 pro and a $250 slim in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

PS4 slim is 199,- at Target Black Friday deals.

There are PS4 Pro deals already.

PS4 slim >>>>>>>>>>>>> XoneS>XoneX>PS4pro

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ps4 at 189-199 will make both sell low in comparison..

But PS4Pro will sell more on the long term.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Errorist76 said:
gtjay1982 said:
I think Sony is going to push pro deals in December. $350 pro and a $250 slim in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

PS4 slim is 199,- at Target Black Friday deals.

There are PS4 Pro deals already.

There is one place with a deal for 189 of PS4... and over there they don't have X1 for 189 or 199, it have bundle for like 239 or something like that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232844&page=1#

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."