By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $349 PS4 PRO, vs $499 XBOX ONE X? Which one wins?

PS4 PRO VS XBOX ONE X sales

PS4PRO would sell more 149 44.35%

PS4 PRO would sell way more 111 33.04%

XBOX ONE X would sell the same 23 6.85%

XBOX would sell more 34 10.12%

Xbox would still sell way more 19 5.65%

Total:336

At a 150 gap in price and the library, pro beats everything

Around the Network

If the Pro gets a cut then yes, it will do better numbers. I don’t think Sony is going to curb the price.

MS is really marketing the XBox One X advantages (hardware-wise).

If Sony does not drop the Pro price I think the XBox One X has a better Black Friday.

Overall though Sony takes the holiday. They just have such a strong product right now. Even as awesome as the Switch and One X are, Sony is the market king this gen.

Why the handicap?

X1X for 4K BC and highest quality multiplats. Also, I like MS games.

But Im not gonna argue with somebody that wants a Pro.

There are valid reasons to have both.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

One X for sure,- closest to pc level performance at an affordable price. And real 4k on great games like Gears 4.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network

Xbox One X has the far better hardware on pretty much every apsect, looks better makes less noise and is a better Value for the Hardware you are getting.

PS4 Pro has by far the better games on pretty much every category, plays them fine and supports enhancements for 4k television users.

The Ps4 will obviously sell better because most people prefer games, there are however exceptions, racing fans and people who want to play third party games would obviously pick xbox, but that isn't the majority

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Things would lean a little towards Xbox this holidays too. PS4 Pro still has the chance to beat by a slight margin.

Bandorr said:
No clue. Hard to consider either when the "slim" versions are selling for under $200 on black Friday.

Switch has won couple of NPD already from PS4 with little margin. I think holiday will be between PS4S and Switch and will be closer whoever wins. Pro and X are fighting for the last place lol

leo-j said:

Black Friday is coming, and although the ps4 pro is not advertised on the newly leaked ads..... if sony were to drop the ps4 pro to 349 against the new 499 xbox one x......

do you think the ps4 pro would outsell the xbox one x? Give your thoughts?

What do you mean with "were to drop"?! According to some American friends of mine the Pro can be had for 340,- on the net and even 389,- with two games already. And that is without an official price drop. Curious if they will announce one at PSX. 

Target just announced their 199,- PS4 promotion. I'd say even a 299,- retail price for the Pro isn't impossible early next year.

Edit: I just made a quick search...it's the same in Germany. 340 Euros it is.

https://www.mydealz.de/search?q=playstation+pro

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 10 November 2017

XBX will sell far more than PS4 Pro because it is new. Pro is year old. So, many of the people that want it already have it. There has also been almost no marketing for it, while there has been a fair amount for XBX.

With that said, since I already have a Pro, I doubt that I'm going to spend $500 on a new console this year. If there was a big exclusive or two, I may think differently. But, there's not. Pro will be good enough for the multiplats.