By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $349 PS4 PRO, vs $499 XBOX ONE X? Which one wins?

PS4 PRO VS XBOX ONE X sales

PS4PRO would sell more 149 44.35%

PS4 PRO would sell way more 111 33.04%

XBOX ONE X would sell the same 23 6.85%

XBOX would sell more 34 10.12%

Xbox would still sell way more 19 5.65%

Total:336
pokoko said:
d21lewis said:
My philosophy is this: Don't settle for what you can get. Get what you want.

PS4 Pro offers a ton of things that the Xbox One X doesn't and vice versa but, at the end of the day, what people want will always triumph over price. Time and again, we've seen companies try to win over gamers with low prices (ie: GameCube vs Xbox or Xbox 360 vs PS3) but when all is said and done, people will buy what appeals to them, even if it's more expensive.

When's the last time you bought a cheap game because the one you really wanted cost more?

So you don't want a brand new LaFerrari?  A second house on the beach in Miami?  A private jet?  Budget and value are relative concepts.  Your "get what you want" isn't the same as Donald Trump's or Bill Gate's "get what you want." 

That's why price will always be an important factor in the home console equation.

I actually don't want any of those things. You still made me feel sad, though.

*Kicks can*

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
d21lewis said:
My philosophy is this: Don't settle for what you can get. Get what you want.

PS4 Pro offers a ton of things that the Xbox One X doesn't and vice versa but, at the end of the day, what people want will always triumph over price. Time and again, we've seen companies try to win over gamers with low prices (ie: GameCube vs Xbox or Xbox 360 vs PS3) but when all is said and done, people will buy what appeals to them, even if it's more expensive.

When's the last time you bought a cheap game because the one you really wanted cost more?

This is why I bought the PS4 Pro over the PS4 Slim.  Specifically in regards to games if I had to choose only one between the Bioshock Collection and Silver Case, I'd pick Bioshock Collection.  But at the time the Bioshock Collection was $30 while Silver Case was $15.  So I bought Silver Case because it was cheaper.  But in the grander scheme of my reality, I was going to buy the Bioshock Collection at some point anyway.  So maybe I'll find it at a cheaper price in the future.

Do you have Bioshock on Steam?

Qwark said:
PS4 slim >>>>>>>>>>>>> XoneS>XoneX>PS4pro

What Qwark said.

great choice to have.

i love both of them so far, right now the super quietness of the 1x and speediness, etc features are really selling me hard on it. If it wasnt for the exclusives for the ps4[pro it would be much easier for me to choose.

Its good to have these kind of options.

reviniente said:
LivingMetal said:

This is why I bought the PS4 Pro over the PS4 Slim.  Specifically in regards to games if I had to choose only one between the Bioshock Collection and Silver Case, I'd pick Bioshock Collection.  But at the time the Bioshock Collection was $30 while Silver Case was $15.  So I bought Silver Case because it was cheaper.  But in the grander scheme of my reality, I was going to buy the Bioshock Collection at some point anyway.  So maybe I'll find it at a cheaper price in the future.

Do you have Bioshock on Steam?

Nope.

Around the Network

The PS4 Pro is still leading the monthly sales since Jan...and expected to continue the trend for March. God of War is definitely going to boost the sales.