By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bandai Namco preparing three big Switch-exclusive titles that will come In Spring/Summer 2018

Bandorr said:
Interesting enough

http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-surprised-at-the-success-of-the-switch-three-big-titles-will-be-announced-next-year/

Is NOT saying exclusive, even though the two sources they are using are both the same tweets.

Not exclusive would make a ton more sense. Specially with DBZ F just around the bin.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270103/bandai-namco-developing-3-big-switch-exclusives-due-out-by-summer-2018/

Well, it's VGC lore now.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well it seems it's 3 exclusive Switch games, we can only hope that one game form those 3 is from From Software. :)

From Software isn't owned or part of Namco Bandai?

We know that one of the games is Tales. I'd be very surprised if the next mothership title is Switch exclusive though. Wonder what they'll do.

Yeah, but some From Software developed games are Namcos. Most notably Souls.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Nautilus said:

That Bandai was stupid for not support Switch from the start and even they themselves admited it, and the first year content is bad to mediocre from their side.It still is.This support is only comming after the fact and it will still take a while to come.You need to remember that, if that silliconera article is correct, the OP title is wrong and those same games will be announced on Sping/Summer, and not released on that period necessarily.

And hey, if I said something wrong back in that thread, you could just answer back to me there and say what I had wrong.So why didnt you answer back?

At bold. Just for the record I did respond to you. I am not sure if you ignored it or you missed but I did a long response for you.  Maybe you should check it? 

Yes, and was explained to you over and over again. You cannot blame 3rd party for this. When they are doing what's normal for them. Every new hardware post PS2 is receiving the shorth end of the stick. 
Remember Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces for the PS3?
I showed you facts that both BandaiNamco and especially Capcom didn't support PS4. 

Anyways meh. Keep forcing yourself that it's only happening to Nintendo. 

I honestly never saw your reply.And I apologize for that.Will reply to you by the end of the day, since now I have some appointments to take care of.

Funny thing is, I can.I understand completely when a company is trying to play it safe.Even though I find that stupid(and I will explain that in the other post), its their choice.The problem is that you say that its normal, and its simply not.Capcom for instance, says that its normal to support a new system with ports of old games, but then it comes other companies like Bethesda and Square that support it with recent games.Not even new, just recent, like Doom and Wolfenstein.You dont need to go guns blazing at the start, but you need to take chances, as any company does.MH is a safe bet to sell on a Nintendo system(a new one mind you, not a a recycled one), and Capcom knew a long time about the Switch, what it was about, and most likely what specs it was aiming for.I mean, by E3 2016 many companies already saw the Switch, so it is safe to bet that Capcom also knew about it, specially since it has close ties with Nintendo, being an important supporter of Nintendo systems and all.Dont you think that more than a year and a half isnt enough to make a port of MH World for the Switch?At the very least isnt it more important than a XOne version?It didnt even need to be day and date if time was an issue, it could have launched 3 months after for all I cared.But they didnt, and you can ask everyone here and they would all say it was a garanteed success on the Switch.This is just an example of course, dont just apply to Capcom.

Point is, if companies that are not usually tied to Nintendo did this, I would completely understand.But there are companies like Capcom and Bandai that have recent entries on beloved franchises that could work wonders on the Switch, but they did nothing.Instead they gave crappy excuses, while the others either just admited they were wrong, or just plain supported with some titles(not everything).

Open your eyes.Dont be biased.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mnementh said:
outlawauron said:

We know that one of the games is Tales. I'd be very surprised if the next mothership title is Switch exclusive though. Wonder what they'll do.

Miyamotoo said:
outlawauron said:

Namco Bandai is publisher for Dark Souls games and actually Dark Souls IP is mentioned like Namco Bandai's IP also. Also From Software is mentione like Switch partner.

Yes, but whether Dark Souls 4 gets made is up to From Software, not Namco. From Software owns the IP, and Namco Bandai owns the trademark. They need each other completely for another game to be made. And From has already said they don't want to make Dark Souls 4. Not anytime soon at least.

The type of announcements you should expect from this are Namco Bandai properties (my bet is on a Tales title, Gundam title, and an licensed anime game), not Dark Souls.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bandorr said:
wombat123 said:

I know I'm jumping in uninvited but off the top of my head: Smash Bros, a 'Tales of' game (since they don't break the bank to produce) and some kind of collaboration using one of Nintendo's IPs like Mario + Rabbids or Hyrule Warriors.

A new Smash bros would be huge. A port wouldn't be exclusive though.

Tales games are fantastic but to have one avoid the ps4? Seems unlikely. Even the last two have released on the PC. It is possible, and I'd immediately buy it.  But I just can't see them skipping over the ps4 and PC. That is too many users.

Another Mario/Rabbids or Musuo game is quite possible yes. But we just had Fire emblem warriors. Would we get another like that?

I guess it could be something like Mario + Tales. Or even a Tales Musou.

You know what?  Forget about that collaboration guess.  I'll replace that with Taiko Drum Master because it just seems like an easier game to develop.

I just feel deep inside that an exclusive Switch 'Tales of' game would sell well enough to justify exclusivity as long as it's good because it's not like any of the 'Tales of' games sold fantastically on the PS4 or PC.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 07 November 2017

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Yes, but whether Dark Souls 4 gets made is up to From Software, not Namco. From Software owns the IP, and Namco Bandai owns the trademark. They need each other completely for another game to be made. And From has already said they don't want to make Dark Souls 4. Not anytime soon at least.

Oh, I didn't meant to expect an exclusive Souls-title for Switch. I simply pointed out that one of the three titles could be a From-developed game published by Namco. Or not. But From being not owned by Namco wouldn't prevent that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Dragon Ball Fighter Z, please.

outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Miyamotoo said:

Namco Bandai is publisher for Dark Souls games and actually Dark Souls IP is mentioned like Namco Bandai's IP also. Also From Software is mentione like Switch partner.

The type of announcements you should expect from this are Namco Bandai properties (my bet is on a Tales title, Gundam title, and an licensed anime game), not Dark Souls.

Yes that true.

But DS also counts like Namco Bandai propertie, If some related Souls game is among this 3, that wouldn't be surprised, espacily beacuse From Software is alredy mentioned like Switch partner.

Namco Bandai??? AWESOME! We'll get mainline Power Rangers, Tamagotchi, and Pacman games!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bandorr said:
Here is a theory.
Perhaps it is a mixture of exclusives and not exclusives?
That could explain the lost in translation possible errors.

You're really trying hard to debunk this, aren't you?