By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bandai Namco preparing three big Switch-exclusive titles that will come In Spring/Summer 2018

Looks like Dragon Ball Fighter Z should come now. Anyway this just proves that Japanese companies are ramping up Switch production. We could see some big titles in 2019 and 2020. Also I can see Namco releasing more multiplatform games on the Switch from now on.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Can we give the Souls predictions a rest guys? Jeebus.

But a Hyrule Souls would be pretty cool....

Still not happening!

It is happening, it was leaked by Neogaf™.

Joke?

Tales of Symphonia 3!

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Bandorr said:
GoOnKid said:

You're really trying hard to debunk this, aren't you?

More trying to have a discussion with people. Something you seem incapable of.

You seem quite.. defensive to jump to such a shallow conclussion. Specially considering you haven't added anything to the discussion or thread.

Why do you think NintendoEverything isn't labeling it as exclusive but others are? Can you name three big exclusives Bandai would put as exclusive to the switch? Do you they would release a Tales Of game only on the switch - specially considering they just started adding them to PC?

And if they are exclusives wouldn't that mean DBZ F isn't coming then it being that is a multi-plat game?

So many ways to add something to the discusion - and you've chosen none of them.

It doesn't really matter why NintendoEverything inst labeling exclusive, because NintendoEverything takes like source Takashi Mochizuki that actually later again (and this time in english) wrote "Switch-exclusive games".

Nothing really points that we have "lost in translation", fact that Nintendo Everything didn't wrote "exclusive" dont change anything because they are not source.

Well if it's not exclusive for the Switch, then one should be the Tales game

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Hopefully it's not just Pacman, Digdug and Galaga, though I do love those games :D

I really don't know anything that they make outside of those three Namco classics.

Xenosaga Episode 1
Xenosaga Episode 2
Xenosaga Episode 3

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

hopes up for something good, Namco's been making some really cool stuff lately

Souls, Digimon, Soulcalibur,, Tekken, Tales?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Bandorr said:
GoOnKid said:

@bolded: That was unnecessary.

My conclusion derives from the fact that you tried multiple times to soften the term 'exclusive' by various colourful explanations and without any background information. I don't have more information either, of course. I also had no intention to to make you feel uncomfortable, it's just something I noticed. But the hard facts are that this tweet explicitely says these three games are exclusive. A doubt is surely justified, no offense, but it seemed to me that you simply can't believe it.

I can't believe it either! I definitely didn't expect somethin like this as well.

Yes, I can see them releasing a Switch exclusive Tales of game. Why not? If the Switch keeps selling well, sales potentials are growing. It wouldn't even be the first exclusive Tales game on a Nintendo platform either (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World).

But what about lost sales due to not being on other platforms? As the source also states that they will keep producing games for the other platforms as well, I see no reason to weigh a Switch exclusive game against a multiplat. They can have both next to each other. And also I see no reason why at least one of these three games couldn't be a new IP.  Do you think one could be a new IP?

Tales of Symphonia was exclusive for a very short period. It released in August 29 2003, It was then ported to PS2 in September 22, 2004. That was basically a year.

So that is less an exclusive, and more a timed exclusive. Which I can see happening. Switch getting tales in 2018, and releasing to ps4/PC in 2019.

I absolutely believe it can be a new IP. Either a completely new one. OR something like Mario + Rabbids. A Nintendo property + a Bandai property.

But THREE exclusives. That is the number I have trouble getting my mind around.

What if they do THREE new IPs? It strikes me as weird to get three exclusives from Bandai, but no mention of DBZ F.

If I had to guess I would have guessed: DBZ F, Tales of, New Ip. But that doesn't work if we are talking real exclusives.

I know history repeats itself, but surely they don't do this for a 3rd time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Disney Magic Castle
Run for Money
Taiko no Tatsujin

Here you go