By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

b00moscone said:
Excellent numbers! I may go even as far as saying it's bound to outselling Wii U by the end of the year

That's what I'm saying, but no one will believe me

Remember when people said Switch would bomb harder than Wii U? :smirk:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on Wii sold 4.52 million copies in its first 16 months (Nov 2006 to Mar 2008).

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on Switch sold 4.70 million copies in its first 7 months (Mar 2017 to Sep 2017).

Breath of the Wild is outselling Twilight Princess and taking less than half the time to do it.

Good Lord have mercy.

IIRC 3DS shipped 13.53 mill its first full fiscal year so Switch would be in the same ball park.

Nintendo is raking it in. Switch numbers on the high end of my expectations, really great software sales, also 3DS is getting close to 70 million.

Zelda should be higher the game is Phenomenal!!
Great sales overall.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Poor arms, and no mario + rabbids :(

So according to past Nintendo reports, the 3ds sold 8.36 million units from October-December 2011. What are we expecting for switch?

To outsell Wii u LTD it needs to sell 5.93 million these three months which is doable, no?

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Also, Switch software sales are at 27 Million, and I doubt there's 50% digital sales (VGC has Switch software at 13.3M)

Wow! That sounds a lot. 

I am very surprised with Splatoon 2. Only a couple numbers away from the Big 2 (Zelda and MK). 

10mil+  for Switch Should be locked for the end of the year. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

LimaBean01 said:
Poor arms, and no mario + rabbids :(

So according to past Nintendo reports, the 3ds sold 8.36 million units from October-December 2011. What are we expecting for switch?

To outsell Wii u LTD it needs to sell 5.93 million these three months which is doable, no?

I think ubisoft will release rabbids numbers as they published the title

Soundwave said:
IIRC 3DS shipped 13.53 mill its first full fiscal year so Switch would be in the same ball park.

With an emergency price cut to $170 though; Switch is doing it at $300.

Holy crap, 7.6 already?I honestly thought that it would be around 6.7,6.8 by now!
Zelda is also a monster.With the Wii U version, it should have sold more than 6 millions by now!.And Splaroon is also dedtroying.Just a bit more than 1 million to catch up with the forst one, and its been only a bit more than 2 months since it launched.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1