By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo make a game that looks like Uncharted 2/3??

What do you think?

You're an idiot, Breath ... 96 43.05%

#720p Master Race 32 14.35%

whoooo lets the dogs out? WHO? WHOHOWHO? 28 12.56%

Oddysey? Lost Legacy? I c... 15 6.73%

Mark Serony is busy, call... 13 5.83%

Knack. 39 17.49%

Total:223

1) Nintendo licenses Indiana Jones
2) Nintendo makes a major Indiana Jones game, original storyline, canon to the lore
3) Release it Fall 2020, right after the long waited, 5th movie in the franchise launches and restores major faith in the franchise like TFA did for Star Wars
4) ???
5) Profit

Around the Network

This is like asking why Frank Sinatra didn't sing rock music. Nintendo does what they're good at and sticks with it.

Last edited by AlfredoTurkey - on 27 October 2017

Nintendo graphics age better.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I hope Nintendo is serious when they say they are branching outside of their "traditional IP". They don't need a photorealistic style, just to change up the style a bit.

I have high hopes for Metroid Prime 4 and hopefully Retro Studios' new project is semi-realistic.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I guess they could make a game with this artstyle if it's fitting (a new IP or Metroid). I don't really like it though, most Nintendo games look way better than this.

Around the Network

Why doesnt Square make a game like Super Mario Odyssey?

''Hadouken!''

Probably because they don't want to (especially after seeing how games like that tend to sell on their systems) and are content letting 3rd partys make those types of games. Not really sure what responses you're expecting besides the super obvious. Is this just an excuse to talk about Uncharted in a Nintendo thread? :L

betacon said:
Mnementh said:
Why doesn't Sony makes a game with great gameplay like Zelda?

Did Zelda have great game play? Design sure but I'd say the combat system was damn right awful.

While I think gameplay of Zelda is good, including combat, you're right, design was the thing I meant to say.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Technically, Nintendo should be able to create a game similar to Uncharted 2 and 3, in terms of graphics and style. The Switch is supposedly more powerful than the PS3/360. Do they want to do it? It's ultimately up to them. They focus on creating gameplay first so take that for what you will.

collint0101 said:

No clue. Why hasn't naughty dog made a game that's as fun as breath of the wild or Mario Odyssey. Some devs prefer to put their time into designing gameplay as opposed flexing graphical muscle

What? Are you saying that only Nintendo games are fun? Do you think people buy other platforms just to punish themselves and to have a bad time?

Sorry to tell you this, but most games that are out there are fun. Ninty is nothing special in that regard, it's just a matter of taste and art style. The question in this thread is, should Nintendo try their hand at realism for a change. Cartoony stuff is not for everybody.

Personally, I think Nintendo should stick to their own thing. More variety that way.