By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [RUMOR] NeoGAF Insider's farewell to website is list of news concerning Nintendo - Metroid Direct in January

If the 3ds sequel is Luigi's mansion 3, i will buy another switch

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
sc94597 said:
If the Metroid ones are true, I expect the game to release Holiday or Winter 2018.

I think it's highly likely either Metroid or Pokemon will be the tentpole Switch game for Winter 2018, probably more likely to be Metroid (since Pokemon mainline installments seem to skip every other year (not counting third games in each branch)

IMO this is true, but Metroid Prime 4 won't be enough for next Q4. IMO they will pair it with something like Smash or a new sidescrolling Mario. Pokemon IMO is mostly q4 2019.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Nuvendil said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Most of these could be and have been guessed by members of this forum because they just make sense.

The assets game is clearly something Pokemon'y they've ripped the assets straight from the 3ds game into making Pokemon Go, no reason they can't dump them into another game on switch, they're decent 3d models.

I am 99% sure that wasn't the case with regards to Pokemon Go :P

And it would absolutely not work with the Switch.  The model polygon counts are too low.  But perhapt a Mario spinoff using Odyssey assets?  

Never understimate the willingness of GameFreak and The Pokemon Company to take the low-hanging fruit. But I'd love a Captain Toad 2 with Odyssey assets!

Nuvendil said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Most of these could be and have been guessed by members of this forum because they just make sense.

The assets game is clearly something Pokemon'y they've ripped the assets straight from the 3ds game into making Pokemon Go, no reason they can't dump them into another game on switch, they're decent 3d models.

I am 99% sure that wasn't the case with regards to Pokemon Go :P

And it would absolutely not work with the Switch.  The model polygon counts are too low.  But perhapt a Mario spinoff using Odyssey assets?  

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/65q7us/reminder_pokemon_go_pokemon_models_are_from/

They are though.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

New site is up and it is without a doubt. Amazing.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Kid Icarus Uprising 2 plz.