By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Sales Chart, Week Ending 21-Oct-2017, Gran Turismo Tops (~80K)

Jranation said:
gtjay1982 said:

So did Mario kart 8D do badly?

We are talking about a Switch game in the UK.....

A switch game or Mario Kart near launch? Also switch is outselling XB1 in the UK this year. Also as far as I remember 3DS sold pretty good in the UK.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
RabbidPeach said:

According to the series creator, this isn't a spin-off. It's a mainline GT game (GT7 in all but name).

Yeah, nah. Otherwise it would have been called GT7.

"The reason we called it Gran Turismo Sport was that we really wanted to incorporate the FIA events," - Kazunori Yamauchi talking to Digital Spy.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-23-gran-turismo-sport-finishes-first-in-uk-chart

Gran Turismo Sport is the UK's number one game, with almost three times as many physical launch week sales as racing game rival Forza 7 managed

raulbalarezo said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-23-gran-turismo-sport-finishes-first-in-uk-chart

Gran Turismo Sport is the UK's number one game, with almost three times as many physical launch week sales as racing game rival Forza 7 managed

But but but WW the userbase of PS4 is the double.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GribbleGrunger said:
I still don't think people quite understand what GTSport is all about. I hate the fact it requires an online connection to get anything near a complete experience but what it represents is actually more important to the series than any GT game before it. You WILL NOT have to wait long for a GT game when next gen hits because THIS is their next gen game. Everything we see in this game has been scaled down from the assets they've actually created and they've even implemented a more advanced HDR system. Why? Because when next gen hits, all they'll do is patch GTSport with native 4K textures, run it at 60fps in ALL modes and carry on adding cars and tracks.

GTSport is a service. I still think Evolution was dropped because Sony realised they couldn't sustain two racing games as a service rather than because Driveclub failed (sales wise). GTSport is using the Driveclub model.

Everyone stop and read the post above. There will be no GT7, GT8, etc., because GTS is a rebirth of GT. Going forward GTS will be the NHRA, MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS of digital racing. Gran Turismo will be Gran Turismo Sport from here on out. New content roll out free to owners, and continue to add value to the platform as time goes on. As they transition to PS5 Sony will eventually cut the support for PS4, and continue building on PS5. This is a giant step forward for the franchise, that prepairs it for the future. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
RabbidPeach said:
GT Peaked with 5. I remember going to the midnight launch. I doubt it will ever reach those numbers again.

We'll know when a non-spin-off comes out.

It’s not a spin-off though...It’s a fresh start for a new series. It’s GT7 with a new focus and will be heavily updated over time. It’s a platform, like iRacing. At least that’s what it’s meant to be. We’ll see if the people go with the flow.

And no, it’s not a Prologue by any means.

It's a decent start and while it’s gotten some negative backlash at first I expect it to have huge legs. The general consensus seems to be that the game is a very fun...People just need time to adapt to the new concept. I’m sure many cars and tracks will come. The question is if Kaz will indeed build something like a traditional campaign to please the angered masses.

John2290 said:
Kerotan said:

It's effectively a beefed up GT7 prologue.  

Anyway I think sport beating GT6 is a great debut. 

Wow, The hyperbole here. Have you played the prolouge games? This has as much content (apart from career progression) that forza 5 had, project CARs, Dirt rallies port and more than Asseto Corsas base price and even more than GT3 when it released on ps2 which was another GT that lacked more content than the one preceding it. You either haven't played Sport a prolouge or you're requrgitating someone elses nonsense.

And GT5P that was an actual prologue was quite full of content and got me some hundred hour of fun. But this game looks much bigger than GT5P as well.

Errorist76 said:
Lawlight said:

We'll know when a non-spin-off comes out.

It’s not a spin-off though...It’s a fresh start for a new series. It’s GT7 with a new focus and will be heavily updated over time. It’s a platform, like iRacing. At least that’s what it’s meant to be. We’ll see if the people go with the flow.

It will be if the sales keep up.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Lawlight said:
RabbidPeach said:

According to the series creator, this isn't a spin-off. It's a mainline GT game (GT7 in all but name).

Yeah, nah. Otherwise it would have been called GT7.

So MHW is MH5 for you right but this dont count? Cant have it both ways

Jranation said:
gtjay1982 said:

So did Mario kart 8D do badly?

it's Mario Kart, let's not pretend they sell badly in the UK

celador said:
Jranation said:

it's Mario Kart, let's not pretend they sell badly in the UK

Can i use "its a port" excuse here?