By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Sales Chart, Week Ending 21-Oct-2017, Gran Turismo Tops (~80K)

Noobie said:

"The 2 biggest of 4 new releases from Tuesday 17th October debut at No3 and No4."

I took this quote from the OP.  It is so patently wrong that it is kinda funy.   The correct statement would be:

The 2 biggest of 4 new releases from Tuesday 17th October debut at No1 and No3

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
gtjay1982 said:

A switch game or Mario Kart near launch? Also switch is outselling XB1 in the UK this year. Also as far as I remember 3DS sold pretty good in the UK.

A fact that people often seem to ignore. Wii did well in the UK as well. It's just the Wii U that sucked hard here, not as if that's all that different from anywhere else though...

But the Switch is doing considerably worse than in Germany or France despite having an overall bigger console market than the other two countries

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, nah. Otherwise it would have been called GT7.

So MHW is MH5 for you right but this dont count? Cant have it both ways

Monster Hunter doesn't have a normal naming convention so I have no idea what MHW is. Unlike Gran Turismo which has a clear numbering system. Unless you're saying that GT PSP is actually GT5?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

A fact that people often seem to ignore. Wii did well in the UK as well. It's just the Wii U that sucked hard here, not as if that's all that different from anywhere else though...

But the Switch is doing considerably worse than in Germany or France despite having an overall bigger console market than the other two countries

Is it though.  Looks like all three charts are dominated by PS4.  Are we only to judge sales by a consoles best market.  Are all PS4 software sales in Japan incredible then?

celador said:
Jranation said:

We are talking about a Switch game in the UK.....

it's Mario Kart, let's not pretend they sell badly in the UK

Also happens to be Nintendo's biggest IP.

Around the Network

Bad launch from GTS (beating GT6 should be a simple feat for the first PS4 installment of a massively successful franchise on a similarly successful console). A third of GT5?

The bad sales are deserved though. Too little content in too long time. Polyphony needs step up their game or step down from the game. They aren't doing a good enough job.

Mario and Rabbids legs, fully deserved sales for a great game.

Better than what I expected for GTS, but granted my expectations were very low. I'm expecting good legs to be tough, though, considering the upset over its lack of content. South Park placed well, but without numbers for that I have no idea if it actually did well. I hope it did. 

STARLEZZ said:

Switch generally is not doing very food in the UK

Yeah, I wouldn't try eating a Switch myself. They should stick with gaming.

hahahah my fault!

i meant "good", didn't even notice until now