By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Sales Chart, Week Ending 21-Oct-2017, Gran Turismo Tops (~80K)

Dr.Vita said:
Not a bad first week for Gran Turismo, but I love the fact that Crash Bandicoot (a franchise considered by many as dead a couple of months ago) did more than 2x better first week than Gran Turismo (a franchise considered by many as the best selling exlcusive on Playstation). ^^

Crash is probably biggest surprise of the year for UK. Its up there WW too but UK is notable

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
wonder if gran turismo will have some legs

Im notntrying to be that guy but probably not. Reception is bad. Going by others and even user gribble here, the whole online only thing is killing it

DonFerrari said:
Teeqoz said:
Bad launch from GTS (beating GT6 should be a simple feat for the first PS4 installment of a massively successful franchise on a similarly successful console). A third of GT5?

The bad sales are deserved though. Too little content in too long time. Polyphony needs step up their game or step down from the game. They aren't doing a good enough job.

X1X does very good in UK, and FM is stablished game... FM 5,6 and 7 didn't do to good...

So we are already a step forward from GTS will bomb to GTS will have no problem outselling GT6. That is good.

What does Forza have to do with my post?

And outselling GT6 (if it does) still doesn't mean it isn't a bomb. GT6 sold poorly for a GT game.

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Gt5 prologue was $40. Sport is $60. Hence why I say it's a beefed up prologue to justify full price.  I've no doubt Sony want this to bring in revenue to aid the development of GT7.

GT Sport is GT7

Imo we will see a GT7 in a few years.  Time will tell who's right. 

Teeqoz said:
Bad launch from GTS (beating GT6 should be a simple feat for the first PS4 installment of a massively successful franchise on a similarly successful console). A third of GT5?

The bad sales are deserved though. Too little content in too long time. Polyphony needs step up their game or step down from the game. They aren't doing a good enough job.

No need for doom talk. The game has more content than Gran Turismo 1, 2 or 3! It has almost as much content as Forza 5 had plus an innovative and substantial online mode and VR!

The people that are actually playing it are saying the best things about it, the biggest gripe atm is the lack of tracks. It’s easy to see why they take longer than the competition to make their content. ( which they aren really btw....If we’re honest pC2 Andy Forza 7 both took like 3 years linger to make as both games are just updated older versions.)

Thanks for worrying but the series is not just fine, it was the totally right thing to drop all the old and low-fi content. Not sure if you’ve tried the game yourself already...if you haven’t you should do it. It’s the best GT and most fun to drive than GT4 at least, if not ever.

Around the Network

WOW GT Sport has more content than games from 16 or 20 years ago...

Errorist76 said:
Teeqoz said:

No need for doom talk. The game has more content than Gran Turismo 1, 2 or 3! It has almost as much content as Forza 3 had plus an innovative and substantial online mode and VR!

The people that are actually playing it are saying the best things about it, the biggest gripe atm is the lack of tracks.

thanks for worrying but the series is not just fine, it was the totally right thing to drop all the old and low-fi content. Not sure if you’ve tried the game yourself already...if you haven’t you should do it. It’s the best GT and most fun to drive than GT4 at least, if not ever.

This game released in 2017. It should be compared to it's contemporary releases, not games that released almost a decade or more ago (FM3 released in 2009, GT3 released in 2001). FM7 is miles ahead in terms of content, despite having a shorter dev cycle.

It does have a substantial online mode though. So substantial that they saw it fit to make almost the whole game rely on being online. And with no proper campaign.

I'm sure the gameplay is the best it has been, but that doesn't automatically make it the best game. Not in my eyes at least. I think PD/Sony can and should do better, and I hope this spurs them to do so.

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

GT Sport is GT7

Imo we will see a GT7 in a few years.  Time will tell who's right. 

Can we do the same for MH5? 

Kerotan said:
Flilix said:
That's not too impressive for GT. It barely outsold Mario Kart 8D first week in the UK.

It's effectively a beefed up GT7 prologue.  

Are you downlplaying the game to justify those sales?

Okay, so GT7 is effectively a prologue. Mario Kart 8D is just a port.

gtjay1982 said:
Flilix said:
That's not too impressive for GT. It barely outsold Mario Kart 8D first week in the UK.

So did Mario kart 8D do badly?

We are talking the UK here. Sony rules, Nintendo does not. We are talking about Gran Turismo, the most aclaimed racing sim in teh world, compared to a port of a kart game.  Oh and a racing game in Europe. Those are also big, like soccer/football games are.

Not sure what GT ususally pulls in UK, but 80k seems low.

Teeqoz said:
DonFerrari said:

X1X does very good in UK, and FM is stablished game... FM 5,6 and 7 didn't do to good...

So we are already a step forward from GTS will bomb to GTS will have no problem outselling GT6. That is good.

What does Forza have to do with my post?

And outselling GT6 (if it does) still doesn't mean it isn't a bomb. GT6 sold poorly for a GT game.

Your point that it should do better than GT6 as granted, while FM5 didn't.

So 6M is a bomb now, ok.

Muchel said:
WOW GT Sport has more content than games from 16 or 20 years ago...

Do you want some list of games that fall short compared to the genre 20 years ago?

Teeqoz said:
Errorist76 said:

No need for doom talk. The game has more content than Gran Turismo 1, 2 or 3! It has almost as much content as Forza 3 had plus an innovative and substantial online mode and VR!

The people that are actually playing it are saying the best things about it, the biggest gripe atm is the lack of tracks.

thanks for worrying but the series is not just fine, it was the totally right thing to drop all the old and low-fi content. Not sure if you’ve tried the game yourself already...if you haven’t you should do it. It’s the best GT and most fun to drive than GT4 at least, if not ever.

This game released in 2017. It should be compared to it's contemporary releases, not games that released almost a decade or more ago (FM3 released in 2009, GT3 released in 2001). FM7 is miles ahead in terms of content, despite having a shorter dev cycle.

It does have a substantial online mode though. So substantial that they saw it fit to make almost the whole game rely on being online. And with no proper campaign.

I'm sure the gameplay is the best it has been, but that doesn't automatically make it the best game. Not in my eyes at least. I think PD/Sony can and should do better, and I hope this spurs them to do so.

I believe he wanted to put FM5.

His point was that the dev cycle for the future releases on the same platform have more content, but the first release suffers from needing new engine.

There is SP content, there just isn't baked career championship, probably they can code that very fast if backlash and sales show it to them.

irstupid said:
Kerotan said:

It's effectively a beefed up GT7 prologue.  

Are you downlplaying the game to justify those sales?

Okay, so GT7 is effectively a prologue. Mario Kart 8D is just a port.

gtjay1982 said:

So did Mario kart 8D do badly?

We are talking the UK here. Sony rules, Nintendo does not. We are talking about Gran Turismo, the most aclaimed racing sim in teh world, compared to a port of a kart game.  Oh and a racing game in Europe. Those are also big, like soccer/football games are.

Not sure what GT ususally pulls in UK, but 80k seems low.

I think it was in the OP. GTS sold better than GT6 and GT1, but 1/3 of GT5 that was the highest.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."