By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Sales Chart, Week Ending 21-Oct-2017, Gran Turismo Tops (~80K)

Teeqoz said:
Bad launch from GTS (beating GT6 should be a simple feat for the first PS4 installment of a massively successful franchise on a similarly successful console). A third of GT5?

The bad sales are deserved though. Too little content in too long time. Polyphony needs step up their game or step down from the game. They aren't doing a good enough job.

X1X does very good in UK, and FM is stablished game... FM 5,6 and 7 didn't do to good...

So we are already a step forward from GTS will bomb to GTS will have no problem outselling GT6. That is good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Huh, GT sport only opens in U.K. with 1/3rd the sales of gt5 opening......that doesn't bode too well for the franchise.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

John2290 said:
Kerotan said:

It's effectively a beefed up GT7 prologue.  

Anyway I think sport beating GT6 is a great debut. 

Wow, The hyperbole here. Have you played the prolouge games? This has as much content (apart from career progression) that forza 5 had, project CARs, Dirt rallies port and more than Asseto Corsas base price and even more than GT3 when it released on ps2 which was another GT that lacked more content than the one preceding it. You either haven't played Sport a prolouge or you're requrgitating someone elses nonsense.

Gt5 prologue was $40. Sport is $60. Hence why I say it's a beefed up prologue to justify full price.  I've no doubt Sony want this to bring in revenue to aid the development of GT7.

Kerotan said:
John2290 said:

Wow, The hyperbole here. Have you played the prolouge games? This has as much content (apart from career progression) that forza 5 had, project CARs, Dirt rallies port and more than Asseto Corsas base price and even more than GT3 when it released on ps2 which was another GT that lacked more content than the one preceding it. You either haven't played Sport a prolouge or you're requrgitating someone elses nonsense.

Gt5 prologue was $40. Sport is $60. Hence why I say it's a beefed up prologue to justify full price.  I've no doubt Sony want this to bring in revenue to aid the development of GT7.

GT Sport is GT7

Lawlight said:
celador said:

it's Mario Kart, let's not pretend they sell badly in the UK

Also happens to be Nintendo's biggest IP.

Yep, but UK is weak market for Nintendo, we need world wide VS thread for both game to see which game gonna end up as the best selling racing game for this generation.

Wanna bet?

Around the Network
MichealJetli said:
Lawlight said:

Also happens to be Nintendo's biggest IP.

Yep, but UK is weak market for Nintendo, we need world wide VS thread for both game to see which game gonna end up as the best selling racing game for this generation.

Wanna bet?

If you're talking about UK, Forza horizon 3 is easily gonna beat the other two.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
MichealJetli said:

Wanna bet?

Worldwide since Switch install base is too small for UK market

MichealJetli said:
flashfire926 said:

Worldwide since Switch install base is too small for UK market

I'm so stupid, I didn't even read the entire post lol. And yeah, I agree, MarioKart will easily win worldwide. No contest.

Bet with Intrinsic:

Not a bad first week for Gran Turismo, but I love the fact that Crash Bandicoot (a franchise considered by many as dead a couple of months ago) did more than 2x better first week than Gran Turismo (a franchise considered by many as the best selling exlcusive on Playstation). ^^

wonder if gran turismo will have some legs