By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Sales Chart, Week Ending 21-Oct-2017, Gran Turismo Tops (~80K)

gtjay1982 said:
Flilix said:
That's not too impressive for GT. It barely outsold Mario Kart 8D first week in the UK.

So did Mario kart 8D do badly?

It did relatively well, for a Nintendo game in the UK.

Around the Network
gtjay1982 said:
Flilix said:
That's not too impressive for GT. It barely outsold Mario Kart 8D first week in the UK.

So did Mario kart 8D do badly?

We are talking about a Switch game in the UK.....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RabbidPeach said:
GT Peaked with 5. I remember going to the midnight launch. I doubt it will ever reach those numbers again.

We'll know when a non-spin-off comes out.

That fire emblem warriors debut though..... yikes

Ka-pi96 said:
Kinda disappointed that GT Sport managed #1 and had a better 1st week than GT6. I really want to see it crash and burn considering they've effectively said "fuck you" to fans of single player offline games like myself...

Why so serious?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I still don't think people quite understand what GTSport is all about. I hate the fact it requires an online connection to get anything near a complete experience but what it represents is actually more important to the series than any GT game before it. You WILL NOT have to wait long for a GT game when next gen hits because THIS is their next gen game. Everything we see in this game has been scaled down from the assets they've actually created and they've even implemented a more advanced HDR system. Why? Because when next gen hits, all they'll do is patch GTSport with native 4K textures, run it at 60fps in ALL modes and carry on adding cars and tracks.

GTSport is a service. I still think Evolution was dropped because Sony realised they couldn't sustain two racing games as a service rather than because Driveclub failed (sales wise). GTSport is using the Driveclub model.

The PS5 Exists. 

Lawlight said:
RabbidPeach said:
GT Peaked with 5. I remember going to the midnight launch. I doubt it will ever reach those numbers again.

According to the series creator, this isn't a spin-off. It's a mainline GT game (GT7 in all but name).

Ka-pi96 said:
Kinda disappointed that GT Sport managed #1 and had a better 1st week than GT6. I really want to see it crash and burn considering they've effectively said "fuck you" to fans of single player offline games like myself...

For refererence GT6 had a friday launch vs GTS a Wednesday launch so it had extra tracking in it's first week, tbh I think you will get your wish of it crashing and burning as with the overwhelmingly bad chatter the game has it will no doubt hurt the legs it will have.

Where are our Kerotan and/or the japanese tracking for the week?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RabbidPeach said:
Lawlight said:

According to the series creator, this isn't a spin-off. It's a mainline GT game (GT7 in all but name).

Yeah, nah. Otherwise it would have been called GT7.