By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Being anti-nazi shouldn't be political or controversial

Fuck nazis

Hell yeah 139 100.00%

Total:139
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, do you propose then that instead we just have a game with no killing at all? That's the only solution I see to your problem.

Make it a fictional enemy group. Or if you want Nazis at least WW 2 Nazis since thats a very specific strain that is based on reality that we fought a war against

I don't understand how at all you've come to this conclusion.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
monocle_layton said:

Wow.

Do you even understand the context of the game you fucking simpleton? Nazis have taken over and have literally turned into the most destructive force in history. Even in real life they are vile and despised people

The Jews aren't despicable - nazis are. Are you seriously defending nazis? Do you realize how retarded you sound currently, or do I have to give you a false equivalency 101 crash course so you can see how your example makes NO fucking sense whatsoever

Once you start getting in to who is vile and despised in real life you're entering a slippery slope. Atheists are despised by millions. Gays are despised by millions. Jews are despised by millions. We shouldnt advocate for violence against ANY group. Problem is that games like this in the current political climate are just further whipping up anti nazi hysteria and it's going to lead to more violence from Antifa, with some people justifying violence against Nazi's because they're bad people. I would agree, Nazi's are pretty terrible, but violence isnt acceptable against any group.

Nazis aren't like atheists or jews. They don't hold a collective belief that millions of people should be dead. Stop using this accusation of me using a slippery slope fallacy when I'm not. 

the-pi-guy said:
John2290 said:
I despise both sides of this argument, both sides are completely moronic and have no sense in their arguments but one side is much more of a problem at the moment and that is the "Antifa" and the far left. They may be against fascism but they have agendas more in line with Fascism than not plus they are violent and angry and seem to have the media and masses on their side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJOjAKL7Qs

Antifa isn't anywhere near as violent as they are shown off to be.  Their crime rates are in line with football games.  

and the crime rates of the nazis they're fighting? Maybe you should look those up. Becuase it appears to me that they appear to commit less crime than Antifa, so maybe you shouldn't raise that point next time.

Errorist76 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Yes but here is the problem: Who decides what is lies and what is truth? Who decides what are fascist ideas, who decides what is racism?

The problem with censoring or worse, criminalizing an idea, an opinion is that it only allows for the idea that those in power defend or agree with, to be considered as the good one. It's pretty much what EVERY fascist or dictatorial society does. they say: ONLY agree with what WE THINK is right and you're ok, disagree or think differently and you are a criminal...

I don't believe censoring is the right approach, if you believe in something you need to express yourself and explain why you believe what you believe and others who disagree need to express themselves and explain why they disagree. People reading both sides will forge their own opinion, that is how free speech should work and ANY form of censorship is in itself fascism and an isult to any true concept of democracy.

I am a freethinker, I was not raised so, I became that of my free will.

This doesn't let me go, sorry...I'm sorry but racism and fascim are just crimes on humanity and should be treated as that in any 'free' society. Racism is not an opinion. Racism is a crime. It's a misconception due to lack of empathy and experience.

BTW I was being sarcastic, when I said "I was raised that way". I just believe that we as Germans have learned a lot from our past and I will continue to hope that other countries, especially very powerful ones with a lot of gullible people would take our bad example more serious instead of trying to make their own, from which, in the end, the whole world will suffer.

It's definitely an alarming sign when people are more inclined to demonise the ANTIFA instead of the real "NAZIS" of today.

Who gets to decide what is racist and what isn't?

Aeolus451 said:
the-pi-guy said:

Sure violence is wrong.  

Are you someone who looks at World War 2 and thinks "both sides are bad"?  Most people view Nazi-ism (you know that ideology of aryan supremacy, which lead to the genocide of several million Jews.) as inherently evil in and of itself.  

That doesn't explain why he flat out says being gay is wrong.  He doesn't do anything to help gay people.  He doesn't advocate for them, he says their life is hard and they should go back in the closet. 

"Gay Rights Have Made Us Dumber, It’s Time to Get Back in the Closet"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/17/gay-rights-have-made-us-dumber-its-time-to-get-back-in-the-closet/

He thinks being gay is a choice, and he's said so multiple times.  

Does every gay person need to be an advocate for homosexuality or can they live their own lives? Does it mean that he hates himself if he doesn't want to go around with the prescribed ideology? 

A jew can't be a nazi or neo nazi. I've seen alot of dumbies call people like Milo and Ben Shapiro nazis. Words have meaning. 

I think many people have made it clear in this thread that they believe that that if people are not actively against something, it's the same as being for it. Hate nazis but don't support Antifa? Well clearly you must be a nazi. I've seen it time and time and time again. This horrifically divisive attitude findinging a way to create division amonst each other is slowly but sure devolving society into a point where everyone is forced to pick a side and perfectly walk the party line lest they be cast out the moment they're not perfect for the side they're chosen.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Dravenet7 said:

Oh really? The reason Jewish people continually faced genocide is because they were deemed despicable? Interesting, I had no idea. Why don't you name the ones that commited these genocides and the reasons they deemed the Jews as despicable? I'm curious as to why they were deemed as despicable to such an extent that other groups decided to kill them en masse.

I'm curious because, for the life of me, I can only think about, after reading this is post, how the Nazis created the Holocaust because they hated Jewish success in businesses and wanted to point blame of the conditions of WWI on them. Oh and also the fact that they wanted to both expunge non Germanic from their country's influence while at the same time expand their country and their influence. The very reasons they are deemed despicable.

I'm not sure how your post is relevant. Obviously the reason various people hate jews come from ignorance. It doesn't change the fact that a large number of people subscribe to those kind of ignorant views

I like how your post makes no sense and yet you question the relevance of mine. lmao

I asked you questions based on the statment you made. That's all the relevance you need from the first part. And you couldn't even do that much. 

What you have done, however, is prove the fact that those who persucuted Jews had no legitimate reason to do so. On the other hand, the despise of Nazis is grounded in their actions and beliefs, which is heavily recorded.

So essentially your argument boils down to this:

"I'm not strawmanning. All I'm saying is that killing the factually despicable Nazis is the exact same thing as killing Jewish people, despite the fact that the only people who deemed them despicable were ignorant and factually despicable themselves (Nazis). So if you're gonna make a game about killing a murderous group of people who essentially wanted mass genocide excluding those in their group, be sure you can do the same for innocent people who weren't!"

This is beyond sad. Why are you acting like Nazis are a bunch of fucking victims?

100% in a poll at Vgchartz? Holy... shit. haha

StarOcean said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

???

Forgive me but I'm completely baffled by this. Might I ask why?

IMO free speech is the biggest cornerstone of a free and prosperous society. Short of threatening words, ALL speech needs to be allowed. If they are truly horrible ideas (as are the ideas of Nazism, and hell Fascism/Communism in general for that matter), then they will be naturally marginalized and defeated in the free marketplace of ideas as the majority of well meaning people will reject them. Without free speech we are at the whim of oppressive people/governments who feel they can oppress and silence you through force simply because you have the wrong beliefs/ideas. To me that leads to a spiral of self-destruction, and in many ways represents the very characteristics of Nazism ironically..

This is why I despite Antifa fascists because they are starting to implement these tactics.

No. I do not believe in free speech. It allows for hate groups to exist. Any hate ideologies such as Nazism, racism, sexism, etc in their purest form (not the bastardized versions) should be punished. We send terrorists to Guantonomo Bay, solitary confinement indefinitely for many of them. That's what would be done to those sorts of people. There aren't many people like it thankfully, but they deserve no platform to spread their idealogies and must be stopped at the source. 

Except we have to define what's racist or sexist and what's not. This is where there is a big divide.

The issue in 2017 isn't that Nazis are bad; they and their hateful ideology will always be the gold standard example for the worst of humanity over the past century, and no amount of historical whitewashing (pardon the pun) will ever change that.

No, the issue is that somewhere along the way, the flip side of the extremist coin somehow became fashionable where violence for political purposes (or any purpose really) is A-OK, as long as it is directed towards "Nazis" / white supremacists / the alt-right, which in 2017 roughly translates to "anyone who is politically to the right of Marx / Mao / Stalin."

We now have self proclaimed "anti-fascist" groups who unironically use fascist tactics to shut down their opponents and force their own views on others, all in the name of opposing Nazis and fascism of course (because there's a real Nazi / fascism problem all around the globe in 2017, right?) Nazi = bad, therefore anything anti-Nazi, up to and including anarcho-communism, is automatically good. Basically today you have Godwin's Law being employed in real life by the progressive / far left wing of the political sphere, where everything they're opposed to is Hitler.

As for video games, Nazi's have been used in popular entertainment culture as the archetypal villain for decades now (Indiana Jones, anyone?). This is not controversial, and Nazis will continued to be used as said generic villains because they're the only group of people you can constantly recycle in movies and videogames as endless cannon fodder without offending someone. So kill all the Nazis you want in movies and videogames, but just remember one thing the next time you start having fantasies about punching so-called "Nazis" in real life. The real ones punch back.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

monocle_layton said:

https://www.avclub.com/nazi-killing-video-game-adopts-controversial-anti-nazi-1819203208

It's absolutely bizarre to see Wolfenstein II suddenly be 'controversial' for the game involving you killing nazis.

Who actually cares about the people getting offended? Last time I recalled, they were the ones who went on about free speech...

Hopefully more games stick to their guns. Nazis deserve all the hatred they get

I agree about Wolfenstein, since it is a game set in a fictional alternate universe, but you realize that not every German soldier in WW2 was also a Nazi, right? I wonder how COD will handl the subject, since the game is much more based in reality.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’