By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

Bullshit comparison. Anyone whos played the game knows it looks way better than that. Better than even GT in some ways.

Around the Network
couchmonkey said:
I vote GT, but really, who cares how they look, which is more fun to play?

I haven't actually played a GT game (maybe time to try it out), but I've always enjoyed Forza's "novelty" car options like SUVs, Prius, PT Cruiser, Smart Car, etc. which are bad choices for racing, but that's what makes them fun. GT seems to be too hardcore too offer stuff like that.

That's gt6, gt sport has narrowed the focus though. gt6 even had a moon buggy to drive on the moon.

I wonder if formula e will make an appearance.

Well at least gt sport doesn't look like a ps3 game like some gamers used to say. At the end of the day, forza is the better racer considering the immense content it provides compare to gt sport. I am still getting gt sport over forza due to VR support.

shikamaru317 said:

Something else I notice is that the camera isn't as good in GT Sport. It doesn't bump up and down with road surface changes like Forza's does, makes it feel less real. The camera also stays perfectly behind the car in GT Sport, whereas in Forza the car turns slightly more than the camera does. The combination of those two camera issues makes it feel like the car is just floating along in GT Sport instead of actually driving...

Thats true but it was a problem in all gt games in the past 15 years......

I'm not much into arcade racers, I'm rather more into hard-core games like Dirt Rally but if I was to choose between one of these I'd definitely go for GT Sports.
Also I heard Forza is going to use one of the most disgusting business tricks in recent memory: Loot Boxes which is arguably worse than micro-transactions.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kerotan said:

https://youtu.be/cGwwBokHLeU

GT Sport looks far superior imo. 

WoW! Really? Didn't expect you to say that, Kerotan ...

one game took a decade to make, the other like 8 months

In all seriousness ... wtf. I was so impressed by the trailers for FM7 but this .... looks pretty bland.

Ok you got my curiosity engine revved up. Which took a decade and which took 8 months?

SecondWar said:
thismeintiel said:
Really, this game has had little hype that I have seen. And the reception for it doesn't seem that great, either. It just came out, but has already slipped to #90 on Amazon and may be dropping out of the Top 100.

I don't think the fact that its come straight after Horizon 3 helped. I still play that and tried the Motorsport 7 beta and was bored beyond belief. I will try the full game at some point so hopefully that first impression doesn't last. I did get slated for saying this a few months ago, but these type of post release comments make me feel like the game a kinda tech demo for new hardware - in this case the Xbox One X. Forza 5, the only other Forza game to get a bad rep, had a similar problem as an Xbox One launch title.

A more interesting footage comparison would be between the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, as that is what they've been built primarily for.

I think Forza 5's problem is that MS lied about the capabilities of the XBO, using PCs to run a better looking version of the game at events and on Jimmy Fallon.  The finished product didn't look nearly as good.  Personally, I don't think MS got nearly as much flack for that as they should have.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

WoW! Really? Didn't expect you to say that, Kerotan ...

one game took a decade to make, the other like 8 months

In all seriousness ... wtf. I was so impressed by the trailers for FM7 but this .... looks pretty bland.

Ok you got my curiosity engine revved up. Which took a decade and which took 8 months?

GT Sport took like 4 years to make?

GT has always had better graphics. from the car model details to the lighting. I'd say the lighting system is probably the best in any game to date.

Listen to that Corvette C7 engine in GTS. Not only that GTS look good, but the sounds is far better.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5