By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Was just browsing and found this.

Did it get worse or were they just trying to make the g ame look more realistic?

To me it looks less livid.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Did it get worse or were they just trying to make the g ame look more realistic?

Forza team probably had to make comprimises for that weather system ect.

So some aspects might be downgraded compaired to say Forza 5/6.

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:

Forza team probably had to make comprimises for that weather system ect.

So some aspects might be downgraded compaired to say Forza 5/6.

Seems fair. Games in the end should be evaluated as a whole.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
Normchacho said:

What do you mean?

The cars look different. Are those different versions or does one developer team have the shittier 3d artists?

edit: According to google images Microsoft has the shitty artists. So that's a win for Sony I guess.

Part of it is the perspective difference. Everything looks wider in Forza. Plus, they spend an unreasonable amount of effort on the models in GT. There's a reason the photomode includes live action backgrounds.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

How can that Forza 7 footage possibly be taken from a PC at max settings? That can't be right. Very impressed with GT: Sport.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

Was just browsing and found this.

Its definitely a downgrade. As others have mentioned it's likely do to them rebalancing their resources to ad things like dynamic weather, and improving things like the AA. Though, the AA could still use work in my opinion.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Peh said:
SvennoJ said:

The ps4 pro does 4K HDR 10 bit RGB or 4:4:4 via hdmi 2.0a, I had to swap my cables as the old cable couldn't handle it. (Putting a end to the 'hdmi cables are all the same' myth, I only got static, while the cable works fine at lower resolutions) I expect the One S and One X to do the same, why take the effort to compress the signal?

Both of them still don't look anywhere close to real life. Resolution has outpaced fidelity in the environments so far that both are very much looking like video games again. And lol at still using kite cam in 2017 for supposed sim racers. That nonsense should be locked to arcade mode. That said, I prefer the lighting in GTS, can't wait to see how it translates to PSVR's OLED screen.

Btw since both have the same cars and tracks, isn't it time for Forza/GT cross play. Come on, epic battles await. Which cars actually drive better.

Thanks for the reply. But as far as I read, 4K 60 hz HDR 10 Bit RGB at chroma 4:4:4 are not possible with the current HDMI 2.0/a/b, because that exceeds the bandwidth of 18 Gbps. That's what current Premium HDMI cables are capable of. 

On my PC/TV settings I can only go for YUV 4:2:2 10 Bit 4K at 60 hz or YUV 4:4:4 / RGB at 8 bit 4k 60 hz. 

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/980356/4k-resolution-at-60p-and-10-bit-in-tv-help/

That's why I am curious at how the consoles are doing it. Or am I missing something?

HDMI 2.1 on the other hand doubles the bandwidth and newer HDMI cables are on the way for supporting that bandwidth. 

On an additional note. Windows 10 CU only enables HDR on YUF 4:2:2 10 bit. I could use HDR on 8 bit before win 10 CU on Resident Evil 7. Now it looks like shit. Same goes for Forza 7 on PC in HDR. 

4K at 60hz 10 bit is 'only' 13.9 Gbps, within the max 14.4 Gbps max video bandwidth of an 18 Gbps cable. 3840x2160x60x30 / (1024x1024x1024)
I can't find any hard info on actual support though, nor do my tv or the ps4 pro offer any info on the bit depth, color space used or chroma compression. Just 2160p RGB all frequencies upto 60hz supported with HDR. I guess I'll need to find/make some test patterns to check for chroma subsampling and bit gradients.

HZD looks great though, but with nothing to compare, who knows what I'm looking at

Jigsawx1 said:
Hynad said:

GTS definitely looks better than Forza 7 in this video.

But this video is no way representative of how Forza 7 looks for real. Colors pop much more than that, it doesn't look flat or muted the way it does in this video.

I think GTS looks better overall, mostly because of its better lighting solution. That's a preference of mine. But if people want to see how Forza 7 actually looks like, they should definitely look elsewhere than this video.

Here's one that's much more representative:

This thread is Kerotan cherry picking to make Forza 7 look worse than it is.

Nice Video this is 95% of how it looks on my XOne Elite and a 1080p tv

He really has to think that forza is stealing the show if he trys to look a game worse then the other....... xD

You can deny it as much as our want but just take a look at the X1X video in 4K below. The game looks much blander than this on most tracks. They even downgraded some textures and lighting on this, probably to be able to implement those weather effects.

COKTOE said:

How can that Forza 7 footage possibly be taken from a PC at max settings? That can't be right. Very impressed with GT: Sport.

It’s the same on X1X. I’ve posted a 4K video of the same track earlier.

Here it is: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHR3_6fkyKg

Is it my impression or FM7 looks like is experiencing some unstable frame rates in this video?

Birimbau said:
Is it my impression or FM7 looks like is experiencing some unstable frame rates in this video?

It's running an a gimped PC at max settings...