By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

https://youtu.be/cGwwBokHLeU

GT Sport looks far superior imo. 

Around the Network

Hard to tell without the same lighting condition. Darkness can hide faults a lot easier compared to if the scene is more bright.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Kerotan said:

WoW! Really? Didn't expect you to say that, Kerotan ...

one game took a decade to make, the other like 8 months

In all seriousness ... wtf. I was so impressed by the trailers for FM7 but this .... looks pretty bland.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kerotan said:

In all seriousness ... wtf. I was so impressed by the trailers for FM7 but this .... looks pretty bland.

I think compression and other stuff has to this with the blandness, I play Forza 7 on base Xbox One and it looks much better than this. 

but still, GT sport looks a fair bit better. Polyphony certainly know their stuff in the graphics and lighting department, as well as car physics. It's only when you look at other areas of the game like having no campaign, car and track selection, dynamic weather, etc where's this game falters and forza 7 succeeds... but it's not a discussion about that, so I digress.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

GTS looks way better in that footage.  Not even a contest when the camera is behind the car.

However, that's PC footage for FM7, so who knows how well optimized it is.  I've read nothing about it, to be honest.

Also, the Forza car is skittering around ... is that normal for Forza?  It's like there is no downforce at all.

Around the Network

Graphics aside, the reason I only play GT as far as sims go is because of the "feel" that the entire game gives. It's pure class all the way. Forza feels too flashy and dare I say it... "dude-bro-ish" in comparison.

Forza wins, because the car is faster

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

flashfire926 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I think compression and other stuff has to this with the blandness, I play Forza 7 on base Xbox One and it looks much better than this. 

but still, GT sport looks a fair bit better. Polyphony certainly know their stuff in the graphics and lighting department, as well as car physics. It's only when you look at other areas of the game like having no campaign, car and track selection, dynamic weather, etc where's this game falters and forza 7 succeeds... but it's not a discussion about that, so I digress.

GTS has a campaign 

pokoko said:

GTS looks way better in that footage.  Not even a contest when the camera is behind the car.

However, that's PC footage for FM7, so who knows how well optimized it is.  I've read nothing about it, to be honest.

Also, the Forza car is skittering around ... is that normal for Forza?  It's like there is no downforce at all.

The driving in Forza has never been as realistic as in gran turismo. It holds true with the latest editions by the looks of it. 

Mar1217 said:
It sure looks better in GT Sport but FM7 doesn't look like what we've seen in the E3 trailer ... was it downgraded for the PC version at least ?

Pretty sure we wouldn't have this thread if it was the other way around huh Kerotan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ?

Let's leave the personal digs out of this and just discuss the topic at hand.  Thanks. 

Bad recording? Forza motorsports 7 looks washed out in colours compaired to GTsports.
Also enviroment and lighting look much better on GT.

Watched in 1440p and have to give the edge in terms of graphics to GT.

Looks like Forza has very little real-time shadowing. And the colors are much more bland. Pretty sad for an 8th gen game. Especially when it's supposed to be a flagship for the console.

Really, this game has had little hype that I have seen. And the reception for it doesn't seem that great, either. It just came out, but has already slipped to #90 on Amazon and may be dropping out of the Top 100. It also has a 2 1/2 star rating on Amazon. Reading some of the reviews, it's obvious they aren't just some fanboys trying to downvote it for no reason.