By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

vivster said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hello vivster .

Hello back to Japan. How's the weather?

DonFerrari said:

And???

I didn't say GT have the most diverse array of cars. I said that it isn't as lackluster as some pointed here, even more when compared to FM.

It is though. Compared Motorstorm it might as well only have 1 car, 1 track and 1 mode. That's how big the difference is. It basically goes like this:

Motorstorm |-- highest diversity----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mario Kart--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------another Mario Kart----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mario Kart 64------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Super Mario Kart-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GT----lowest diversity--|

See. GT barely registered.

Ok GT have less car variety than Mario Kart =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
vivster said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hello vivster .

DonFerrari said:

And???

I didn't say GT have the most diverse array of cars. I said that it isn't as lackluster as some pointed here, even more when compared to FM.

It is though. Compared Motorstorm it might as well only have 1 car, 1 track and 1 mode. That's how big the difference is. It basically goes like this:

Motorstorm |-- highest diversity----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mario Kart--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------another Mario Kart----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mario Kart 64------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Super Mario Kart-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GT----lowest diversity--|

Mario kart 8  has 14 kart frames (+3 from dlc), and 9 bike frames.

Common now :p this is borderline trolling.

Apples and oranges.

games too differnt to compair imo as racers.

Its apparent from a glance too.

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

Apples and oranges.

I took it as joking

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

JRPGfan said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Was just browsing and found this.

also tons of 2D tree's ect:

Compair Forza 7 to Forza 6:

forza6:

Forza7:

Weaker rain effects:

Less water effects/spray:

Tires arnt round anymore in Forza 7:

Its weird to see Forza 7 go backwards in some of these reguards.

dynamic weather + better reflections came at a cost.

They've got to hit that 4K/6ps somehow. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Yeah, dynamic weather comes at a cost. I'll take dynamic weather over grass textures or better trees. Like Gribble said on GAF when someone was pointing out visual flaws in GTS... "I doubt I'll notice while whizzing by at 200mph" or something to that effect. Same logic applies here :)

The only racing game I've ever played for the visuals is WDC on the N64. But I was a teenager then lol.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

I took it as joking

Of course it was a joke. He put Motorstorm above Mario Kart.

Well, there is this.

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

I took it as joking

Of course it was a joke. He put Motorstorm above Mario Kart.

Mario Kart has no Monster Trucks so it loses by default.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JRPGfan said:

Apples and oranges.

It's about diversity in tracks and modes and not just amount of cars. Show me a single Rainbow Road in GT. Or a track where you race on top and through collapsing skyscrapers.

GT got shit. And that's why people say it lacks diversity.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
JRPGfan said:

Apples and oranges.

It's about diversity in tracks and modes and not just amount of cars. Show me a single Rainbow Road in GT. Or a track where you race on top and through collapsing skyscrapers.

GT got shit.

The real world doesnt have a "Rainbow Road" track.... GT doesnt either, but its not like all the tracks are the same either.

Theres plenty diversity in tracks in Sim Racers.  But theres no racing upsides down ect, because cars in reality cant do that sort of thing.

pics:

GribbleGrunger said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Was just browsing and found this.

Some people on GAF are saying it's because they're now programming it for three platforms but I disagree. I think it's because they're having to cut back on detail and lighting in order to hit 4K/60fps.

I know it will sound impressive being able to adverse it as 4k 60FPS but if it's not possible without a downgrade they really should find a middle ground where they keep all the details and use checker boarding to assist with 4k.