By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 comparison with the Corvette C7

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

Mario Kart has no Monster Trucks so it loses by default.

Do you really want to get into an argument where I post Mario Kart screenshots in every post to show off how amazing Mario Kart is?

Do it, Rol! DO IT!!!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Something else I notice is that the camera isn't as good in GT Sport. It doesn't bump up and down with road surface changes like Forza's does, makes it feel less real.

This is something I've thought about as well.
I don't know why PD doesn't implement an optional bumpy camera. It'd also improve the sense of speed.

I guess, we just gotta have a lot of patience when it comes to PD
The engine sounds have finally been improved tremendously.

Kerotan said:

I know it will sound impressive being able to adverse it as 4k 60FPS but if it's not possible without a downgrade they really should find a middle ground where they keep all the details and use checker boarding to assist with 4k.

I agree. Games like Skyrim running at Native 4K on the Pro do not impress me at all. People need to be very careful if they're going to obsess over resolution alone.

The PS5 Exists. 

shikamaru317 said:

I really doubt that the downgrade is because of 4K. Digital Foundry saw Forza 6's PC build running at native 4K, 60 fps, ultra settings on Scorpio earlier this year when MS invited them out to see the Scorpio, and Digital Foundry noted there was even more headroom for further upgrades back then, and that was even before the new SDK was released in late June which unlocked more of Scorpio's potential. In other words, the downgrade has nothing to do with Scorpio/X. It's far more likely that the downgrade is due to every track needing to hit 60 fps with dynamic weather and time of day on the standard XB1. If you watch PC benchmark videos of Forza 6 and Forza 7, you'll notice that rain causes a substantial drop in framerate. Forza 6 only had rain on certain tracks, tracks that were less demanding to run most likely. Forza 7 has dynamic weather on every track afaik, meaning that every track needs to be able to hit 60 fps when it is raining, hence the need for a visual downgrade.

If I am right, it would explain why Forza 7 looks better than Forza 6 when comparing the Forza 7 E3/Gamescom builds on XB1 X to Forza 6 PC Ultra, the downgrade only affects the standard XB1 and possibly PC (they lowered the system requirements for Forza 7 on PC as opposed to Forza 6, which would explain why there is a visual downgrade there as well). 

It's the same thing isn't it? They've had to cut back because they've got dynamic whether. If they hadn't, they wouldn't have been able to hit 4K. They just want that bullet point and have had to sacrifice something to get it. If they'd have used checkerboarding then I bet those other cut backs would not have been necessary. 

The PS5 Exists. 

shikamaru317 said:

Something else I notice is that the camera isn't as good in GT Sport. It doesn't bump up and down with road surface changes like Forza's does, makes it feel less real. The camera also stays perfectly behind the car in GT Sport, whereas in Forza the car turns slightly more than the camera does. The combination of those two camera issues makes it feel like the car is just floating along in GT Sport instead of actually driving...

I’ve said it earlier already...camera movement is customisable this time in GTS.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Something else I notice is that the camera isn't as good in GT Sport. It doesn't bump up and down with road surface changes like Forza's does, makes it feel less real. The camera also stays perfectly behind the car in GT Sport, whereas in Forza the car turns slightly more than the camera does. The combination of those two camera issues makes it feel like the car is just floating along in GT Sport instead of actually driving...

I’ve said it earlier already...camera movement is customisable this time in GTS.

Oh it is? Nice.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to play this. I've always had loads of fun with GT games.

shikamaru317 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I agree. Games like Skyrim running at Native 4K on the Pro do not impress me at all. People need to be very careful if they're going to obsess over resolution alone.

I really doubt that the downgrade is because of 4K. Digital Foundry saw Forza 6's PC build running at native 4K, 60 fps, ultra settings on Scorpio earlier this year when MS invited them out to see the Scorpio, and Digital Foundry noted there was even more headroom for further upgrades back then, and that was even before the new SDK was released in late June which unlocked more of Scorpio's potential. In other words, the downgrade has nothing to do with Scorpio/X. It's far more likely that the downgrade is due to every track needing to hit 60 fps with dynamic weather and time of day on the standard XB1. If you watch PC benchmark videos of Forza 6 and Forza 7, you'll notice that rain causes a substantial drop in framerate. Forza 6 only had rain on certain tracks, tracks that were less demanding to run most likely. Forza 7 has dynamic weather on every track afaik, meaning that every track needs to be able to hit 60 fps when it is raining, hence the need for a visual downgrade.

If I am right, it would explain why Forza 7 looks better than Forza 6 when comparing the Forza 7 E3/Gamescom builds on XB1 X to Forza 6 PC Ultra, the downgrade only affects the standard XB1 and possibly PC (they lowered the system requirements for Forza 7 on PC as opposed to Forza 6, which would explain why there is a visual downgrade there as well). 

I hope you don’t really believe that. If you haven’t seen it, I had posted a X1X showcase video which looks exactly like the footage in that comparison. Concerning DF it’s a bit sad that Richard & Co let themselves use for the X1X marketing machinery. We all know how MS take it with the truth when it concerns their promotion talk.

BtW you’re wrong...weather and daytime is only possible on selected tracks in Forza 7.

shikamaru317 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's the same thing isn't it? They've had to cut back because they've got dynamic whether. If they hadn't, they wouldn't have been able to hit 4K. They just want that bullet point and have had to sacrifice something to get it. If they'd have used checkerboarding then I bet those other cut backs would not have been necessary. 

I don't think it has anything to do with needing to hit native 4K, they had no issues at all hitting native 4K on Scorpio with Forza 6 earlier this year; even at Ultra settings, there was still about 12% headroom left over, and that was before the June XDK which unlocked about 10-20% more of Scorpio's potential supposedly.

The downgrade seems to be for standard XB1 and PC only, standard XB1 because of dynamic weather and PC because they wanted to lower the system requirements. Forza 7 on XB1 X looks roughly on par with Forza 6 Ultra at 4K, not worse: https://youtu.be/T85Fshj2eiY?t=3m13s

Sorry but that doesn’t make any sense. Why would they downgrade the PC version?! They’d just implement certain detail options which lower the system requirements. Especially since recently came out the PC version is terribly optimised and only uses one CPU core on PC, similar to the problems Horizon 3 had for several months.

Don't forget the X1X is just a more optimised middle class PC with a lower class CPU. Again, the next video shows the game doesn’t look any different on X1X. It’s from the Microsoft showcase even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHR3_6fkyKg

shikamaru317 said:
Errorist76 said:

Sorry but that doesn’t make any sense. Why would they downgrade the PC version?! They’d just implement certain detail options which lower the system requirements. Especially since recently came out the PC version is terribly optimised and only uses one CPU core on PC, similar to the problems Horizon 3 had for several months.

Don't forget the X1X is just a more optimised middle class PC with a lower class CPU. Again, the next video shows the game doesn’t look any different on X1X. It’s from the Microsoft showcase even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHR3_6fkyKg

They lowered the system requirements for Forza 7 vs Forza 6 Apex from what I heard, supposedly you can even run Forza 7 on the latest Surface Pro now: https://mspoweruser.com/forza-motorsport-7-will-even-run-well-surface-pro-4/

That footage looks just fine to me, I don't see any downgrade compared to Brands Hatch on Forza 6. Sure it could look better, but it doesn't look worse. I do wish that they would have taken their time with Forza 7 and used it to upgrade the visuals on some older tracks so that they can match the new Dubai track, but sadly they didn't. Hopefully for Forza 8 they spend more time upgrading old cars and tracks instead of adding more new ones. At this point they have over 30 tracks and over 700 cars, it's better to go back and upgrade the visuals on what they already have imo, Polyphony won't be catching up in terms of amount of cars and tracks anytime soon as slow as they are. MS really needs to add a 3rd racing series into their rotation so that each dev gets 3 years per game instead of 2, that would give them enough time for both upgrading old cars and tracks and making new ones. 

Considering PC "limitless" power specs removing features to lower system requirement for basic compatibility shouldn't remove the maximum it could hit on high grade PCs.

And I don't think a 3rd racing franchise would be wise considering the numbers FM is doing at the moment unless this 3rd is very different from FM and FH and allows the franchise breathing room.

Have you saw how much the sales are dropping for FM?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

Considering PC "limitless" power specs removing features to lower system requirement for basic compatibility shouldn't remove the maximum it could hit on high grade PCs.

And I don't think a 3rd racing franchise would be wise considering the numbers FM is doing at the moment unless this 3rd is very different from FM and FH and allows the franchise breathing room.

Have you saw how much the sales are dropping for FM?

Yeah, I'm not proposing anything too similar to Horizon/Motorsport for a 3rd game. Alot of Xbox fans want to see a Kart racer added into the rotation, by either Rare or Sumo, who both have experience with Kart games in the past. Rare already worked on a Banjo Kart game at one point that got cancelled, MS should revive it and add to the concept imo, with characters and tracks from various IP that they own; Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, Halo, Gears, Fable, etc.  

Crash Kart got some success in PS, others I don't think got enough, while almost all experiences on Nintendo were very well received... so perhaps a Forza Kart could be a good entry (like you said, all start karting instead of only our usual kart drive from FM, GT and PC)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."