By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Is Trying to Keep PUBG Off PS4 for Longer

Porcupine_I said:
It's obvious that Andrew House was fired because he missed the opportunity to secure this deal for Playstation. It's the beginning of a glorious recovery for Xbox that will win them this generation in the end.

Hate to break it to you but pubg or not Microsoft cannot compete properly with sonys expanding appealing and ever growing list of games. This generation is cerifiably locked down. Nintnedos demand and mindshare has also caused Microsofts interest to plummet this year. No exclusives and their dependence on these third party games is insane. Of course Sony does it too but Sony can make their own games. They kind of clobber you with both. If anything this has exposed Microsoft more than ever.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Porcupine_I said:
It's obvious that Andrew House was fired because he missed the opportunity to secure this deal for Playstation. It's the beginning of a glorious recovery for Xbox that will win them this generation in the end.

Hate to break it to you but pubg or not Microsoft cannot compete properly with sonys expanding appealing and ever growing list of games. This generation is cerifiably locked down. Nintnedos demand and mindshare has also caused Microsofts interest to plummet this year. No exclusives and their dependence on these third party games is insane. Of course Sony does it too but Sony can make their own games. They kind of clobber you with both. If anything this has exposed Microsoft more than ever.My post 

Yes, my post was totally serious.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

jason1637 said:
caffeinade said:
I cannot wait for lootboxes to be added to Windows 10...

PUBG already sorta has lootboxes.

OS level.
You want a new cursor, open a box.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Porcupine_I said:

Hate to break it to you but pubg or not Microsoft cannot compete properly with sonys expanding appealing and ever growing list of games. This generation is cerifiably locked down. Nintnedos demand and mindshare has also caused Microsofts interest to plummet this year. No exclusives and their dependence on these third party games is insane. Of course Sony does it too but Sony can make their own games. They kind of clobber you with both. If anything this has exposed Microsoft more than ever.

Chill, he's obviously joking lol

edit: he even confirmed that now lol

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

caffeinade said:
jason1637 said:

PUBG already sorta has lootboxes.

OS level.

Why would they implement loot boxes into windows?

Around the Network

Lol @ the shade at the end of the article. Seems a logical move to me for MS to be competitive, not cool but effective.

jason1637 said:
caffeinade said:

OS level.

Why would they implement loot boxes into windows?

They want ya money.

As if Sony is not buying as much content if not more, they are the ones who started this whole business.

Why did Nintendo and Square have to create a shell company just to get a Final Fantasy game on GameCube? Because Sony had an iron clad exclusivity deal to keep content off other platforms.

Same with Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2/3, etc. etc. MS had to jump through major hoops to get GTA on the original XBox as well. Sony moneyhatted to keep Madden off the Dreamcast as well.

And that continues to this day with things like Monster Hunter World, Final Fantasy VII REMake exclusivity period, Street Fighter V (gimme a break with the "Capcom couldn't afford to develop it" .... SFIV sold millions and millions of copies), and even things like Final Fantasy XII remaster being kept off other platforms largely because Sony negotiates deals to keep that content away from other platforms.

We saw how successful Sony is when they don't have the full backing of the third party community with the Vita, which crashed and burned.

If you want to be mad at MS for this, so be it, but IMO it's a bit hypocritical if you're not also going to knock Sony for it or even more laughably try to claim that Sony is the "white knight of gaming", when they are responsible for locking out more content from other platforms since coming into the industry than anyone else by a country mile.

If Sony had gotten to PUBG first, then the story we'd be fed right now would be "well Sony's just smart, they recognized the game was going to be a big hit, maybe MS should have been smarter".

So much for all those shpeels by Uncle Phil about how keeping third party content from others is wrong. This is desperation at it's finest. Maybe MS should be putting that money into first party so that games like Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves don't take 3-4 years to come out after announcement.

I honestly hope Bluehole is smart and declines. Staying exclusive to the console with less than half the install base is only going to hurt their long term console presence.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Soundwave said:

And that continues to this day with things like Monster Hunter World, 

Any proof of that? The game is just too technically advanced.