By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Is Trying to Keep PUBG Off PS4 for Longer

twintail said:

And keeping games off another platform is hey Philly boy?

Maybe Sony can answer that question.

Oh just kidding, calm down :D

Around the Network

It’s Mcrosoft’s only hope so I expected them to do that. I hope Bluepoint doesn’t give in though. It’s not that they’d need their money.

This deal is turning into the anti-Titanfall. Instead of trying to force something into being a hit, now they're looking for an already established one. Sounds like MS already has their claws in it and will be calling the shots at Bluehole soon. I saw that coming once Microsoft started "assisting" with game development.

Don't believe Phil Spencer's lies!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
caffeinade said:
Xbox should offer up PUBG for crossplay.

Don't they care about the consumer?

twintail said:

... I love these comments

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
If true, makes good business sense. For MS anyway.

People keep quoting that Papa Phil tweet, it would be applicable if PUBG were launching same day on both platforms but Xbone owners got exclusive access to maps or weapons for a year.

They will need pubg.they won't be able to keep up with the competition otherwise until halo and gears drop

Not surprised, as this was the same company that paid Rockstar $50-75 million dollars back at the beginning of the PS360 era to keep the GTAIV DLC off of the PS3. Not to develop it, mind you, but to just keep it off the console.

This is why I have always hated MS for entering the console market and will never support them. They use their money like a weapon more than the other console manufacturers, bribing devs to keep their games off of their rivals machines. It does nothing but harm the console market. If they were instead using that money to fund the actual creation of exclusive content, I'd be more okay with it, cause it would be adding something to the market. But they're not. They pay money so people can't play other companies' games.

I've never felt like MS has had the love for the industry that Sony and Nintendo both express. Sony and Nintendo have often done what they can to put new ideas out there and give a spotlight to upcoming developers. MS has always just performed tactics like this to try to damage other brands and bring themselves more money. Yes, they're all wanting to make money of course, but MS's tactics are just scummy on so many occasions.

Wow, more wasted money that could have gone to a new studio or the acquisition of a new studio or a new IP..... but nope; throw money at bluehole for a game that will go to PS4 eventually regardless.This is how MS spends their gaming budget boys. No wonder they lack in exclusives and have only sold 30 million consoles in 4 years.GG

twintail said:

Phil lies so often.... actions speak much louder than words.

mizzou_guy said:
Not surprised, as this was the same company that paid Rockstar $50-75 million dollars back at the beginning of the PS360 era to keep the GTAIV DLC off of the PS3. Not to develop it, mind you, but to just keep it off the console.

This is why I have always hated MS for entering the console market and will never support them. They use their money like a weapon more than the other console manufacturers, bribing devs to keep their games off of their rivals machines. It does nothing but harm the console market. If they were instead using that money to fund the actual creation of exclusive content, I'd be more okay with it, cause it would be adding something to the market. But they're not. They pay money so people can't play other companies' games.

I've never felt like MS has had the love for the industry that Sony and Nintendo both express. Sony and Nintendo have often done what they can to put new ideas out there and give a spotlight to upcoming developers. MS has always just performed tactics like this to try to damage other brands and bring themselves more money. Yes, they're all wanting to make money of course, but MS's tactics are just scummy on so many occasions.

This is why we need Sony & Nintendo.

Think back to the launch of Xbox One, and all the crap MS where trying to pull with the console's.