Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Is Trying to Keep PUBG Off PS4 for Longer

caffeinade said:
Xbox should offer up PUBG for crossplay.

Don't they care about the consumer?

 

twintail said:

 

And keeping games off another platform is hey Philly boy?

... I love these comments



Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
If true, makes good business sense. For MS anyway.

People keep quoting that Papa Phil tweet, it would be applicable if PUBG were launching same day on both platforms but Xbone owners got exclusive access to maps or weapons for a year.

They will need pubg.they won't be able to keep up with the competition otherwise until halo and gears drop



Not surprised, as this was the same company that paid Rockstar $50-75 million dollars back at the beginning of the PS360 era to keep the GTAIV DLC off of the PS3. Not to develop it, mind you, but to just keep it off the console.

This is why I have always hated MS for entering the console market and will never support them. They use their money like a weapon more than the other console manufacturers, bribing devs to keep their games off of their rivals machines. It does nothing but harm the console market. If they were instead using that money to fund the actual creation of exclusive content, I'd be more okay with it, cause it would be adding something to the market. But they're not. They pay money so people can't play other companies' games.

I've never felt like MS has had the love for the industry that Sony and Nintendo both express. Sony and Nintendo have often done what they can to put new ideas out there and give a spotlight to upcoming developers. MS has always just performed tactics like this to try to damage other brands and bring themselves more money. Yes, they're all wanting to make money of course, but MS's tactics are just scummy on so many occasions.



Wow, more wasted money that could have gone to a new studio or the acquisition of a new studio or a new IP..... but nope; throw money at bluehole for a game that will go to PS4 eventually regardless.This is how MS spends their gaming budget boys. No wonder they lack in exclusives and have only sold 30 million consoles in 4 years.GG



twintail said:

 

And keeping games off another platform is hey Philly boy?

Phil lies so often.... actions speak much louder than words.



Around the Network
mizzou_guy said:
Not surprised, as this was the same company that paid Rockstar $50-75 million dollars back at the beginning of the PS360 era to keep the GTAIV DLC off of the PS3. Not to develop it, mind you, but to just keep it off the console.

This is why I have always hated MS for entering the console market and will never support them. They use their money like a weapon more than the other console manufacturers, bribing devs to keep their games off of their rivals machines. It does nothing but harm the console market. If they were instead using that money to fund the actual creation of exclusive content, I'd be more okay with it, cause it would be adding something to the market. But they're not. They pay money so people can't play other companies' games.

I've never felt like MS has had the love for the industry that Sony and Nintendo both express. Sony and Nintendo have often done what they can to put new ideas out there and give a spotlight to upcoming developers. MS has always just performed tactics like this to try to damage other brands and bring themselves more money. Yes, they're all wanting to make money of course, but MS's tactics are just scummy on so many occasions.

This is why we need Sony & Nintendo.

Think back to the launch of Xbox One, and all the crap MS where trying to pull with the console's.



JRPGfan said:
twintail said:

 

And keeping games off another platform is hey Philly boy?

Phil lies so often.... actions speak much louder than words.

Considering this follow-up tweet, it sounds like it's more of a necessity he doesn't like but has to do anyway.



JRPGfan said:
mizzou_guy said:
Not surprised, as this was the same company that paid Rockstar $50-75 million dollars back at the beginning of the PS360 era to keep the GTAIV DLC off of the PS3. Not to develop it, mind you, but to just keep it off the console.

This is why I have always hated MS for entering the console market and will never support them. They use their money like a weapon more than the other console manufacturers, bribing devs to keep their games off of their rivals machines. It does nothing but harm the console market. If they were instead using that money to fund the actual creation of exclusive content, I'd be more okay with it, cause it would be adding something to the market. But they're not. They pay money so people can't play other companies' games.

I've never felt like MS has had the love for the industry that Sony and Nintendo both express. Sony and Nintendo have often done what they can to put new ideas out there and give a spotlight to upcoming developers. MS has always just performed tactics like this to try to damage other brands and bring themselves more money. Yes, they're all wanting to make money of course, but MS's tactics are just scummy on so many occasions.

This is why we need Sony & Nintendo.

Think back to the launch of Xbox One, and all the crap MS where trying to pull with the console's.

Yep. If Microsoft ever beat Sony or nintnedo decisively this industry would be screwed. Micorsoft would be compelled to create even less than they already do.



Zkuq said:
JRPGfan said:

Phil lies so often.... actions speak much louder than words.

Considering this follow-up tweet, it sounds like it's more of a necessity he doesn't like but has to do anyway.

You see, when Phil does it, he's really really sorry.



Microsoft should let the game come to PS4 already this is so anti consumer.