By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Nuvendil said:
Ariakon said:

I expect that to get cut down to $249 (500gb) and $299 (1 tb) within a few weeks of release, if not the day of release. Still, it will be a good black Friday bundle. 

On another (completely unrelated) note, I've been seeing Switch stock in nearly every store I visit. I realize that may not be representative of the whole, but I wouldn't be surprised if Switch has an unexpectedly huge October. 

Doubt they will cut it to 250 and 299 but if they do, I doubt it will have a terribly significant impact.  They've overplayed that card.  

And yeah, Switch stock seems very stable right now.  But it's not too unexpected, Pokken closed out September, Fire Emblem Warriors launches later this month, Mario Odyssey closes it out, the Holidays are approaching.  All that combined - especially Odyssey - makes it a sensible time for them to start pushing as much stock as they can.

Oh yeah, I'm not expecting the cuts to set the world on fire, I'm just basing it on how they've already cut the new Madden 18 bundle from $279 to $249 twice in the last month, and were offering their 1tb models at $299 plus a free $60 game for three of the last four weeks. Plus, a $349 1tb bundle would look rough next to Sony's Cod WW2 limited bundle, which will be a 1tb model at $299. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Guys.

Can we talk about how Forza 7 is performing?

Im shocked to be honest.

No. 74? Really?

I'm going with - the X1X.

It clouds up the options.

1) Buy Forza and just have it sit there for two months. In essence wasting money on it.

2) Buy Forza for XB1, then later on play it on X1X.  If people are excited to play Forza on the X1X, then I don't think they want to "lessen" the experience on the XB1.

3) Wait until November and buy it then.

I'm going with 3.

What are the november games Forza 7 could be competing with then?

I think it has it easier this month than next for the game to sell the most.

Do you think it will sell more, or less than Forza Motorsport 6? (1.99m)

Did anyone else notice Fifa 18 Switch in the groceries section of Amazon?

KLAMarine said:

LMAO! I did not!

ThisGuyFooks said:
KLAMarine said:

LMAO! I did not!

The cartridges taste like shit, should be in pharmaceuticals.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Forza 7 looks like a good game but Cuphead released a few days before it and I still need to beat it. I will definitely get it when or around the launch of the One X out to see how it looks.

ThisGuyFooks said:

Guys.

Can we talk about how Forza 7 is performing?

Im shocked to be honest.

No. 74? Really?

I've been saying it for the last couple weeks. It's going to sell worse than F6 and Microsoft made a mistake not bundling it. 

Forza is likely doing fine, it's just that gamers in the US don't seem to care as much about racing sims this gen as they did in the Gran Turismo 3 days. Still, the game is selling quite well on Amazon.uk and it looks like it's selling well on Best Buy's website, as well. I do think that Forza Horizon 3 catapulted that series above the regular Forzas in terms of popularity, however. The negative word of mouth building up on the web against its use of loot boxes might not help, though I doubt that will have much effect on the mainstream consumers. 

On another subject entirely, I'm a bit puzzled by what Sony is doing. The 1tb bundle seems to be doing fine on websites other than Amazon (on Best Buy it's currently the best-selling console, for example), but they just released a Fifa 1tb bundle exclusively for Walmart. Normally other retailers would receive similar bundles (i.e. Horizon or NBA or Destiny 2, perhaps), but as it is, Sony isn't even shipping the 1tb bundle to Amazon. Either they're really holding their cards for the holiday or else they're pretty content with their profit margins until the CoD WW2 bundle releases next month. 

KLAMarine said:

Perhaps Nintendo are just broadening their demographic and going after vegetarians. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Is Amazon getting a significantly larger amount of Switch stock compared to other retailers all of a sudden?

Switch is currently at ranks 4, 9, and 19 in the monthly chart. Its best months on Amazon so far were March, where it took ranks 5 and 23, and July, where it took ranks 7 and 9. On top of that, both PS4 and Xbox One had SKUs that were ahead of Switch's top SKU in July, but now Switch takes the 1st, 2nd, and 4th spots for consoles, with SNES mini in 3rd.

Look at the previous two Octobers:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=220927&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208829&page=1

Where did PS4 and Xbox One go? Between them, they had 7 SKUs on the chart last year. Now there's just one.