By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Why did SNES mini drop out ?

Around the Network

6 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#5 NS Neon (down 1)
#7 SNES Classic (down 1)
#9 NS Grey (up 2)
#21 NS Mario (same)
#32 N2DSXL Pokeball (up 53)*
#76 PS4 Pro (same)
#83 PS4 Slim (re-entry)
#86 XOne S (up 9)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#11 PS4 The 25th Ward: The Silver Case Limited Edition (down 3)*
#22 NS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition (same)*
#24 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (up 2)
#29 3DS Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (up 3)
#34 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (up 3)
#36 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (down 2)
#46 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (up 2)

Does not affect this month: *

The PS5 Exists. 

ThisGuyFooks said:
KLAMarine said:
Did anyone else notice Fifa 18 Switch in the groceries section of Amazon?

LMAO! I did not!

DroidKnight said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

LMAO! I did not!

The cartridges taste like shit, should be in pharmaceuticals.

GribbleGrunger said:
KLAMarine said:
Did anyone else notice Fifa 18 Switch in the groceries section of Amazon?

Perhaps Nintendo are just broadening their demographic and going after vegetarians. 

I was checking out some games on my phone and noticed the fresh label

Pick up some apples alongside a Switch FIFA

StarDoor said:

Is Amazon getting a significantly larger amount of Switch stock compared to other retailers all of a sudden?

Switch is currently at ranks 4, 9, and 19 in the monthly chart. Its best months on Amazon so far were March, where it took ranks 5 and 23, and July, where it took ranks 7 and 9. On top of that, both PS4 and Xbox One had SKUs that were ahead of Switch's top SKU in July, but now Switch takes the 1st, 2nd, and 4th spots for consoles, with SNES mini in 3rd.

Look at the previous two Octobers:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=220927&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208829&page=1

Where did PS4 and Xbox One go? Between them, they had 7 SKUs on the chart last year. Now there's just one.

Xbox One has been selling rather slowly all year, but the ps4 has only had the pro variants consistently in stock for just about three weeks or so. The 1tb slim occasionally comes back into stock (as it is right now) but only seems to last a few hours at most before it gets shipped over to a 3rd party seller. The stock situation is a bit baffling, to be honest. I can understand why the Uncharted bundle went out of stock, but why does Amazon get such low shipments of the default 1tb model? Best Buy has plenty of them, and it generally sits right next to the Switch in the bestsellers list on their site. Walmart now has a Fifa 18 ps4 bundle that retails for the same price as the 1tb, so I don't know what's going on between Amazon and Sony at the moment. 

About the Switch stock, I don't think it's just Amazon. Nearly every store in my area, Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy and Target have Switches in stock. I think Nintendo was finally able to increase production and is pumping a lot more out into stores, which is why I think their October numbers are going to be very impressive. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Another white console. Meh. I'm hoping they do a special editon Pro for GoW. I'll trade my current Pro in a heart beat.

I thought the Destiny 2 Pro has been out since September.

Go go Nintendo!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ariakon said:

About the Switch stock, I don't think it's just Amazon. Nearly every store in my area, Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy and Target have Switches in stock. I think Nintendo was finally able to increase production and is pumping a lot more out into stores, which is why I think their October numbers are going to be very impressive. 

Yeah, I just walked into my local Target and saw Switches in stock for the first time since launch, both neon and grey. I was a little worried there wouldn't be enough stock for the Odyssey launch but looks promising now. Even walked into Wal Mart and saw a few Splatoon bundles in stock, the Switch shelves have been ghost towns all year in my city. 

Still ps4 shortages?
Wow.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil