By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I think October just might the best month for the Switch since it's launch month. Likely thanks to Super Mario Odyssey releasing, the approaching holiday season and big stock increases.

Around the Network

I wish Sony would just announce the new standard bundle already

poklane said:

With a new model of the Pro and the PSVR announced, I would also assume new models for the stardard PS4 are also there too. I reckon Sony are just clearing the stock in preparation for the new models. If they release them now, people will opt for the new versions, leaving Sony with the problem of having to lower the price of the older versions to shift them, and MS has shown why that doesn't work out well in the long run.

The PS5 Exists. 

Green098 said:
I think October just might the best month for the Switch since it's launch month. Likely thanks to Super Mario Odyssey releasing, the approaching holiday season and big stock increases.

Yeah, this is my thinking as well.

Oh damn! Never knew a handheld can be this hot in the US!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:

With a new model of the Pro and the PSVR announced, I would also assume new models for the stardard PS4 are also there too. I reckon Sony are just clearing the stock in preparation for the new models. If they release them now, people will opt for the new versions, leaving Sony with the problem of having to lower the price of the older versions to shift them, and MS has shown why that doesn't work out well in the long run.

Thank you...

Good to see FE:W finally start to rise, I hope it does well enough to justify a sequel.

poklane said:

They did just release a FIfa 18 1tb bundle that retails at $299, but it's only available at Walmart for some reason. I've never really understood Sony's USA bundle strategy. It seems like Europe gets a new bundle nearly every month (or sometimes even weeks). We get one Pro option for Destiny 2 and then a Fifa bundle for a single retailer. 

Bandorr said:
Wow I haven't actually looked up Forza 7 on Amazon. Thus reviews are destroying the games score.
So many verified purchases, so many 1 star reviews. The ultimate edition is sitting at 2 of 5 stars.
The regular is at 2 1/2 out of 5. And that is with about 60 less reviews.

No wonder it is sitting at 102 while still in stock.

Who knew loot boxes pissed people off THIS much.

I think it's because some Youtube channels with a high viewerbase like Jim Sterling have criticized Forza 7's loot boxes. YongYea just uploaded his video criticizing them an hour ago.

16 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#6 NS Neon (down 1)
#7 SNES Classic (same)
#10 NS Grey (down 1)
#22 NS Mario (down 1)
#49 N2DSXL Pokeball (down 17)*
#70 PS4 Slim (up 13)
#73 PS4 Pro (up 3)
#88 XOne S (down 2)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#21 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (up 3)
#23 PS4 The 25th Ward: The Silver Case Limited Edition (down 12)*
#24 NS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition (down 2)*
#30 3DS Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (down 1)
#35 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (down 1)
#42 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon*
#43 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun*
#50 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 4)*

Does not affect this month: *